Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: List of popular mods/programs

List of popular mods/programs

Here's a list of the most popular mods and programs listed together in one topic. If there's anything missing you feel should be added, please leave a note in this topic.

Patches
    A bugfix patch was created to adress many of the bugs left in the game
    Bugfix patch 1.17a - a community patch that fixes bugs, made by the TQIT community across the globe.

New World
    Provides completely new locations
    Lilith The Will of the Demon: Battles of Jalavia - mostal's huge mod boasts in the entirely new world, Jalavia.
    Lilith The Will of the Demon: Battles of Jalavia Masteries Edition - combination of mostal's world with pinkfrog's masteries
    Frozen World demo - development has long since stopped. Made by TheBigBoss

Mastery mods
    Replace the original masteries
    Masteries - the first masteries mod, by Pinkfrog
    Underlord - fully reshaped masteries, new items, and some added locations and monsters
    Paths - by shadowlance
    Destinies - by Draeziel
    Clash of the Gods - by --Heavy-Metal-Fan--
    ASYLUM's Mod - by ASYLUM101

Utilities
    There are several great utilities out to help you with the game
    TQ Defiler - allows easy access to several popular mods at once, as well as editing your character data. Made by SoulSeekkor.
    TQ Vault 2.3.0.x - third party program which allows for easy storage (and database extraction)
    Miscellaneous - slightly increases in-game storage

Difficulty increase
    The game is generally thought to be unbalanced in the players' advantage. To adress this issue, several difficulty increasing mods were released;
    Ubermod - the hardest difficulty mod and also sports new items. Made by Munderbunny.
    xMAX - increases the monsters by an x amount. The increased experience grants much faster levelling.
    2x difficulty mod - Increases the difficulty by making monsters a lot tougher, adding monster heroes and giving monsters random resistances. Made by luedtke6788
    Achilles difficulty mod
    Soulvizier - increases difficulty, adds new items as well as item types, hundreds of new unique monsters, and new boss fights as well as a new merchant type the Alchemist (built on Munderbunny's Underlord mod). Made by amgoz1.

Visualization
    Besides the skin section, there are other ways to enhance visual experience
    Manastream Animation Mod - It replaces the original animations of your toon
    AllSkins mod - gives replacements for your skin.
    Camera Mod - allows for nonstandard views
    Death Effects Mod for 1.1 through 1.16 and for 1.17 - Replaces the PG-13 death effects with gory effects. Originally made by i.n.s.a.n.e., D.E.M. was updated for fanpatch 1.17 by tatar.spirit
    JMD's UI mod - several replacements for the user interface
    Last edited by SoulSeekkor; 01-15-2014 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Added Soulvizier.

Re: List of popular mods/programs

Here's a list of the most popular mods and programs listed together in one topic, so the players get an oversight and the designers get their due credit. They're all compatible with TQ:IT v1.1, unless noted otherwise.

Patches
    Unfortunately, IronLore went out of business and never created a patch for IT. But this isn't where the community stopped.

Name: Fanpatch 1.15
    Created by: a whole bunch of people, luedtke6788 being the most prominent
    Compatibility: For multiplayer, others must have this installed
    Link: click
    Description: The fanpatch fixes a great number of bugs in the game. It does not adress balance issues, so, safe for compatibility issues with nonpatch players, it is highly recommended that you use this.

New Game Content
    These are the bigger mods, as they often replace entire parts of the game

Name: Masteries Mod
    Created by: PinkFrog
    Description: This mod replaces the original 9 masteries of TQ:IT with 9 new ones.

Name: Lilith The Will of the Demon: Battles of Jalavia
    Created by: Mostal
    Description: This is a complete new adventure set in an entirely different world. It is intended for new characters.

Utilities
    There are several great utilities out to help you with the game

Name: Defiler
    Created by: SoulSeekkor (compatible with fanpatch thanks to luedtke6788)
    Description: This program allows you to use several popular mods at once, without all the hassle. There's also a more simple, portable version out

Name: TQVault
    Created by: bman654 and EJFudd
    Description: This program allows for easy storage for your toon's items. It can also make trading items with other players smoother.

Difficulty increase
    The game is generally thought to be unbalanced in the players' advantage. To adress this issue, several difficulty increasing mods were released;

Name: Double or Nothing and Al DenteCore
    Created by: Munderbunny
    Compatibility: For multiplayer, others must have this installed
    Description: This mod replaces Normal with Epic monsters, Epic with Legendary and Legendary with some kind of uberimmortal spawn of evil. The Double or Nothing mod doubles your xp, whereas you loose all your xp on death. The Aldente challenge doesn't affect xp.

name: xMAX
    Compatibility: Activated through custom quest
    Created by: MadMan (made compatible with IT by Orrus)
    Description: By activating this mod, the number of monster you'll face are multiplied, effectively making the game harder and more action-orientated. The problem is that you'll also level a lot faster... There are versions out for vanilla TQ.

Name: 2x difficulty mod:
    Created by: luedtke6788
    Link: http://www.titanquest.net/forums/mod...culty-mod.html
    Description: Increases the difficulty by making monsters a lot tougher, adding monster heroes and giving monsters random resistances.

Visualization
    There are a bunch of skins out, I recommend you visit the skin section to see what skins there are, it's too much to list here. However, there are other ways to enhance visual experience

Name: Manastream Animation Mod
    Created by: codemajor
    Description: This replaces the original animations of your toon with more varied and thematically fitting animations.

Name: AllSkins mod
    Created by: lufe and Fathersquid
    Compatibility: Activated through custom quest
    Description: This mod includes a whole bunch of different skins to replace the ugly sack your toon is wearing by default. You have to start a custom quest before you can buy the skins at the Helos vendors, but the skins stays on when you exit. The skins are included in the fanpatch, so others won't see messed up toons if they play online with you. There's also a version for vanilla TQ.

Name: Camera Mod
    Created by: Deighvyd and jdoe407
    Compatibility: The zooming camera mods can give compatiblity issues with other players. The rotation mod does not effect game compatibility.
    Description: There are several camera mods. One to allow for further zooming for gameplay, one to allow for further zooming for panoramic reasons, and one to allow for rotation. The rotation mod can be used with either the panoramic view mod or the gameplay zoom mod.

Name: Death Effects mod
    Created by: i.n.s.a.n.e.
    Compatibility: For multiplayer, others must have this installed.
    Description: this mod shows more realistic (violent) death effects. It's still Work In Progress and only beta-compatible with fanpatch 1.15.

If you want to see a mod/program added or want to comment on this, you can tell me here.
    Last edited by SoulSeekkor; 04-18-2010 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Website changed.

Ok, I updated the OP and greatly reduced the amount of info on them. I also opened up this topic, so if anyone has a program that (s)he likes to see listed, please report in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by yerkyerk View Post
    Ok, I updated the OP and greatly reduced the amount of info on them. I also opened up this topic, so if anyone has a program that (s)he likes to see listed, please report in this thread.
    -think you forgot lilith1.1 masteries

It's in there, isn't it? Or is the 1.1 a different version?

It's in there, isn't it? Or is the 1.1 a different version?
    You got many versions of lilith it latest are the 1.1 but it has a version with the classic masteries(TQ) and the new ones, i know its confusing to find it in this huge board, i offen get lost

achilles mod? (for increase diff.)
    add it

You could, ofcourse ask it politely, FHEN. It's kinda bothering to me and I think to others that you're demanding stuff all the time. I suggest you work on that, because I won't tolerate such inappropriate behavior forever.

That being said, I'll still add it.

The Lilith mastery was already in, btw.

Give Me Now!!!!!

New Game Content
    These are the bigger mods, as they often replace entire parts of the game
    Masteries - replaces the existing masteries with new ones.
    Lilith The Will of the Demon: Battles of Jalavia
    Lilith The Will of the Demon: Battles of Jalavia Masteries Edition
    The link to the Lilith Mastery Edition is wrong, here is the correct link: http://www.titanquest.net/forums/lil...s-edition.html

Was confusing the **** out of me for a bit.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast