Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New player: quick question about TQ and expansion

New player: quick question about TQ and expansion

I purchased and downloaded the game two days ago. I think it was an excellent buy considering I got both for $19.95.

Question: I know that with the expansion, you get extra storage space, the caravan, autosorting, etc. How do I connect that to the regular game so I get access to that new stuff? I'm only level 12 so far so I have a ways to go in the regular game before I get to the expansion.

Also, with regards to the expansion, if I finish the game on normal, will I be a high enough level to continue with the expansion? Approximately what level will that be?

Thanks much, I am enjoying the game alot and am going to play it more now.

Re: New player: quick question about TQ and expansion

You install the expansion, start it up, import your character and Shazam! Your character will be just where he was in the original.

Level 32-33, that's enough really. Act 4 (the expansion) can seem hard as hell when you first try it out though.

Installing the expansion simply adds another act to the end of each difficulty, so it won't affect your current character in any negative way at all. In fact it'll help, because you'll get access to artifacts (IT only items), and the sooner you start collecting them the better, as it can take quite a while to get all the ingredients you'll need for the higher level ones later on, and you need to collect them in all acts and difficulties for some of the better ones.

If you're just playing without any mods, and without much in the way of xp boosting gear/shrines, you'll probably be roughly about level 31-36 when you reach the expansion areas. If you farm a lot you might be a bit higher, very little, and perhaps a touch lower.

So install the expansion. It's all good

It worked exactly as you guys said. Thanks!