Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rage of ares completion bonus.

Rage of ares completion bonus.

Which completion bonus would be the best for these?

I have a couple completed and one has +25% damage and another +15% attack speed.

My attack speed is already at 190ish% and i believe it is capped at 199% so would +% damage be my best choice?

Of course there might be even better completion bonuses than these 2 that i don't know about, so feel free to let me know.

Thanks!

Re: Rage of ares completion bonus.

What is your base damage shown in your character screen, you can calculate which is the best by doing this:

Your base damage * 1,25: This will be your new base damage with the 25% bonus. Then we multiply this by the attack speed so it will be:
    Base damage * 1,25 * 1,90: This will be your DPS with the 25% damage bonus.

Now for the 15% attack speed bonus it is easy:
    Your base damage * 2,05: This will be your DPS with the 15% speed bonus.

Happy calculating

Quote Originally Posted by Atylia View Post
    What is your base damage shown in your character screen, you can calculate which is the best by doing this:

Your base damage * 1,25: This will be your new base damage with the 25% bonus. Then we multiply this by the attack speed so it will be:
    Base damage * 1,25 * 1,90: This will be your DPS with the 25% damage bonus.

Now for the 15% attack speed bonus it is easy:
    Your base damage * 2,05: This will be your DPS with the 15% speed bonus.

Happy calculating
    For the second part shouldn't i be multiplying by 1.99 instead of 2.05 dues to the 199% AS cap?

Or can you actually attack faster it's just the number stays at 199%?

Thanks again.

On my Character screen it goes above 200%

In my game the attack speed won't show over 199% "/

When i activate a battle marker it caps at 199% as well...

Hmmmm, I just formatted my PC and I will install TQ + IT tomorrow and I will see, as far as I know it can go over 200%

Anyway you can still calculate it assuming that your speed can go above 200%, if the damage bonus comes out on top youre sure that whatever happens that is the best. If the speed one comes out on top calculate this:

Base attack * 1,99: See if it still comes out on top and if it does use the speed bonus

Ok i've just realised it is because i am duel wielding, if i remove one of my weapons it goes to 200%+

So is there no advantage to raising your attack speed to over 199% for duel wielders?

With this I cant help you because all my characters are either caster or .../Shield.

Other possible completion bonuses for that relic are +str, +OA, slowed attack for monster and reduced armor..so you got the best ones.

Dual wielding indeed caps at 199%, no use for trying to get more. Tough to say which is more useful..depend on the ret of your equipment.
    75 Harbinger | 70 Conqueror | 70 Conjurer | 70 Diviner | 70 Spellbreaker | 68 Ranger | 65 Elementalist | 65 Evoker | 65 Bone Charmer | 62 Guardian | 61 Brigand | 61 Thane | 61 Templar | 60 Battlemage | 60 Warden | 59 Haruspex | 58 Slayer | 58 Champion | 55 Druid | 52 Paladin | 50 Oracle | +++

Guide for All Skills Attribute Guide Custom Mastery Guide
    ------

Olympian God

Quote Originally Posted by XeroFour View Post
    Of course there might be even better completion bonuses than these 2 that i don't know about, so feel free to let me know.
    Something you might not know is that you will always get the +25% damage bonus if you complete the relic in the cuffs. When you complete it outside the cuffs (ie by right-clicking individual pieces and dropping them onto others to get the 3/3 completed relic), you will get a random bonus.