Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Release: Map Decompiler

Release: Map Decompiler

I've now finished a .map decompiler to break a .map file into its components so that it can be edited in the TQ:IT Editor. Screenshots follow.

In order (left-to-right):
    • The universe according to Titan Quest (layout mode, perspective)
    • Just Greece (layout mode, top-down)
    • The starting area (editor mode)
    • The entire map of Greece exported to a Google Maps interface
    • Just Greece, properly. Goodbye random colored boxes!

Download MapDecomp here.

Re: WIP: Map Decompiler

Awesome! So let me get this straight, you'll be able to more or less extract the in-game maps for modifying? If so, I know alot of people that will love this.

Making specific areas more difficult, changing or adding quests, etc.

Soul
    Author of the TQ Defiler.NET. Get more information here or email me!
    Newest version of TQ Defiler is 1.3.9 released 6-29-14!

Click here for the GD Defiler official thread (includes download - Titan Quest compatible)!

This will open a whole new world (no pun intended!) of opportunities ...

Wonderful news p0a! Imagine if Lilith 1.0, some other maps, and all of the TQ/TQIT maps merged in one huge world! This will transform the community...Is this coming in weeks, months??? Or is it "done when it's done" (to quote an unnamed publisher...).

GB

Unfortunately, there's no point in releasing this tool until it can take a .map file and decompose it into parts that the Editor/Art Manager can then recompile into the original (or functionally equivalent) map. Additionally, the Editor needs to be able to successfully make changes. Right now, that part is failing so I haven't even tried to recompile bit. You can see from the screens that levels can be loaded into the Editor, but when you save them, they become corrupted. I know why, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to fix the problem.

Anyway, I'm very close right now, so hopefully it will come within a few days or weeks. I'll be adding a progress track to the parent post shortly.

Nice news p0a!

And if that is not the same procedure the TQ levels can be easily opened in the TQ Editor (not the TQIT - and I haven't tried the TQIT levels and Editor). for a sneak peak

>>> I've found this trick on titanquest-fr

• 1] Extract the world01.map from the Levels.arc (located in TQ\resources)
    • 2] rename world01.map to world01.wrl
    • 3] and place it in a fresh mod (I've just created a new mod/custom map with a simple blank terrain 256x256 and build it as a normal mod), here : My Games\Titan Quest\Working\CustomMaps\MyMod\source\Maps
    • 4] open the new map (with world01.wrl) in the editor and you'll access to the TQ levels

I haven't tried to rebuild or modify the TQ levels so try it if you wish and if your computer is strong enough - just prepare the fire extinguisher

So, a *.map decompiler could be really useful to tweak all that we may need!

Good luck p0a !

kreeloo, unfortunately, using that method is great for looking at the map, but it cannot be saved. Attempting to save first says there was an error saving the .wrl, then generates corrupted .lvl files.

poa maybe you can fix the rubberbanding issue!

thats a compliment btw, keep up the awesome work

Quote Originally Posted by heron View Post
    poa maybe you can fix the rubberbanding issue!

thats a compliment btw, keep up the awesome work
    That's an idea.

Soul
    Author of the TQ Defiler.NET. Get more information here or email me!
    Newest version of TQ Defiler is 1.3.9 released 6-29-14!

Click here for the GD Defiler official thread (includes download - Titan Quest compatible)!

By the way, does anyone know of any decently complicated custom maps with source available? The tutorials are all I have to work with right now, and they aren't particularly indicative of "real-world" scenarios...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast