Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Spikey Bow

Spikey Bow

I'm reasonably sure the "Offensive Slow Defensive Ability" in this skill doesn't do anything - it's pretty hard to test for.

... but, even if it works, it's still pointless. Archers aren't affected by their targets' DA anyway.

It would make more sense to lower the enemy's Offensive Ability, but I have tried various methods and there doesn't seem to be a clearly working way to do that with a passive skill. The only thing that works is to blindside it by raising the Archer's DA.

Something that does work and is sort of in the spirit of the skill is "Retaliation Slow Attack Speed."

Re: Spikey Bow

Now that you mention it, it doesn't increase my DA at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron View Post
    Now that you mention it, it doesn't increase my DA at all.
    It is not supposed to though. It is supposed to decrease monsters' DA.

And it is because of multiplayer/pet hybrids, for it increases dmg done to all monsters, that hit you, for melee.

@I_Raps - Dunno man, don't you think Archery has already too high defense? Increasing DA would make this class VERY powerful...maybe overpowered...but you might be right with -%attack speed retaliation, it should work well!

They why does it say +X% Defensive Ability in the description? What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron View Post
    They why does it say +X% Defensive Ability in the description? What am I missing?
    Yeah, because it is how TQ works and shows some stuff unfortunately..

Its the + and - sign bug TQ dont seem to understand which is which, same as the -resist skills it cant tell if it should put a % in or not.