Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Melee Ritualist Guide

  1. #1

    Lightbulb Melee Ritualist Guide

    Melee ritualist. A Fighter-Mage.

    This amazing class was almost accidently discovered. When Immortal throne was released I wanted immidiately to make my 'dream guy', as most of us did. When time has come for other school choosing, I've picked up nature, because of refresh and because I haven't played nature school yet. And that's it. Not much of a plan, wasn't it? Later I have temporarily abandoned my ritualist for my brand new harbinger. I thought that harbinger could do everything that melee ritualist could do, just much better. I almost abandoned my ritualist then considering him unnefficient - I wasn't using almost anything from my naure side and I've considered that picking nature was perhaps a mistake. Then I discovered that harbinger is MUCH different toon in game style and everything else. HB is warrior in heart. Using dream just for ocasional support. My toon was practically built around phantom strike and distort reality. I've decidet to give him another chance. Couple of facts aboute this class;

    Strong. If you looking for challenge, look elswhere.
    Low gear dependency. Unlike other melee classes you don't need top notch gerar to survive. This could easyly be your first character.
    Low potion dependancy. You won't buy much potion with this one. Unimportant but just for the record.
    No stat "waste" in health or energy. You'll have tons of health (HoO) and enough energy (dream tree)
    so you could concentrate on STR/DEX, thus reducing your stat dispersion problem, common for all hybrid
    classes.
    Fantastic inter-school skill synergies. There are some classes that have problem with choosing good synergies from different schools. This is not one of them.
    No pet micromanagment issues. If you hate pet management, but still like to have them around (Like I do :-) this is build for you. I mean you'll still have pets, they will be of much use to you (mostly because of synergies) but you will just 'fire and forget' them.
    Low death count. You wouldn't be killed very often.

    First this guy is very decent warrior, compareable to best hybrid warrior builds. You wont get dual wield or shield smash tree that pure warrior classes have but your damage output will be comparable. On maxed lucid dream tree plus +skill equipment (wich could happen 45 lvl and above) you will have;
    +40% damage (+60 vitality/electrical burn damage)
    +30% OA and DA
    +18% total speed (+10% from heart of oak = +28% total speed)
    +80% health (also HoO)

    Not bad, eh?

    Aboute play style and skills;

    You main skills will offcourse be Distort Reality +TR synergy, and Phantom strike/DS synergy. And refresh (4 points, NO more), so that you could use those skills pretty often. You could fire one or both in each monster group you encounter. Wich is very cool and slightly overpowered. Max out their synergies trough normal. You could leave main skills for later if you think you need it (I haven't yet, and I'm in act IV epic)

    Heart of oak. You will max it out slowly trough normal and epic. You could invest couple of points in synergies from epic further when you'll have +skill equipment.

    ToC. You will max it slowly trough entire game.

    Raise psionic touch (1pt in synergy) slowly trough entire game. Yours LMB attack (PS on RMB)

    Plague is very cool and effective, but mostly unneccessery through normal and epic. You could need it in legenadry however.

    In Epic you will invest couple of levels in wolves (to get 2 of them) 1 pt in maul and then slowly raising strenght of the pack wich will improve your melee damage.
    You will invest couple of points in nightmare and it synergies. It would seriously improve haelth regen rating of your pets thus augumenting your ToC trance.

    And that's aboute it. Go around phantom strikenig and distorting reality of anything that walks, flies or crawls. Mobs will hate you. You will have easyest and fastest TQ striding expirience ever.

  2. #2
    Senior Member golem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    458

    Re: Melee Ritualist Guide

    Dream + nightmare means you put 5 points in nightmare to start with to unlock the area damage skill of nightmare.

    Question: Don't you use a LOAD of energy? so aren't you quaffing blue potions instead of red ones?

  3. #3

    Re: Melee Ritualist Guide

    you use ToC mainly for what? health regen, mana regen or damage absorption ?

    i'm using this trance only for glass cannons.. don't mind drinking a few blue potions now and then
    spear Haruspex (67) | xmax -100 recharge Elementalist (62) | bow Avenger (62) | Slayer (57) | Paladin (56) | Diviner (50) | bow Brigand (33) | Conqueror (18) | Ritualist (14) | xmax hardcore Templar (13)

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Poinas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,537

    Re: Melee Ritualist Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Thorien Kell View Post
    On maxed lucid dream tree plus +skill equipment (wich could happen 45 lvl and above) you will have;
    +40% damage (+60 vitality/electrical burn damage) +39%
    +30% OA and DA
    +18% total speed (+10% from heart of oak = +28% total speed) Another +15% from Strength of the Pack
    +80% health (also HoO) +85%
    Sorry, the nerd in me took over.

    Quote Originally Posted by golem
    Dream + nightmare means you put 5 points in nightmare to start with to unlock the area damage skill of nightmare.
    How beneficial would you say Nightmare's area skill is?
    75 Harbinger | 70 Conqueror | 70 Conjurer | 70 Diviner | 70 Spellbreaker | 68 Ranger | 65 Elementalist | 65 Evoker | 65 Bone Charmer | 62 Guardian | 61 Brigand | 61 Thane | 61 Templar | 60 Battlemage | 60 Warden | 59 Haruspex | 58 Slayer | 58 Champion | 55 Druid | 52 Paladin | 50 Oracle | +++

    Guide for All Skills Attribute Guide Custom Mastery Guide
    ------

  5. #5
    Senior Member golem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    458

    Re: Melee Ritualist Guide

    I must admit that I am not certain how effective the nightmare's area skill is.

    If I look up the damage it's really minimal but I remember rushing for it when I got the nightmare. I know it looks impressive and in epic it still seems to finish off some monsters.
    I know I am still so confident I sometimes leave monsters running around while I'm picking up the loot but nightmare doesn't seem to finish off these creatures like it did in normal.

    Still it does do damage to health as well so it will help keeping the nightmare alive.

    You know Pionas thinking about these things can really mess up the way you think about your skill setup
    But in normal 1, 2 and part of 3 it seemed effective enough and some points in nightmare help keep it alive as well.

  6. #6

    Exclamation Re: Melee Ritualist Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by golem View Post
    Dream + nightmare means you put 5 points in nightmare to start with to unlock the area damage skill of nightmare.

    Question: Don't you use a LOAD of energy? so aren't you quaffing blue potions instead of red ones?
    Question1;
    Well yes, but I have amulet of morpheus (+3 to dream skills) and hallowed helmet (+1 to all skills) with legndary crystal of erebus (+2 to all skills) so that I don't need putting much skill points to ... well anything :-)
    Besides, area attack of NM looks cool, but it's not really that important to this build.

    Question2;
    No my friend, like I said, a almost dont buy and drink potions at all. I have more then enough energy and I do fight most of my time anyway. PS and DR use some energy but I just don't feel it too much.

  7. #7

    Exclamation Re: Melee Ritualist Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by nemhauser View Post
    you use ToC mainly for what? health regen, mana regen or damage absorption ?

    i'm using this trance only for glass cannons.. don't mind drinking a few blue potions now and then
    Well, I concluded that ToC is most useful trance. And not only because it spreads (and well synergises) to my pets (unlike the ToW). ToW burn damage is not that useful beyond normal, and if you *really* need -% to resistances and skill disruption you could have 1 pt in ToW and use it ocassionally. Simmilar is with ToE. It's not bad, but to be really nice you have to synergize it with other +% to damage retaliation and/or other +% to life steal. If you dont use those two - it's not that impressive.
    On the other hand ToC is always good, to any class, any build, anytime.

  8. #8

    Re: Melee Ritualist Guide

    How would you distribute stat points? Just Str / Dex at the classical 3:2 ratio?

  9. #9

    Unhappy Re: Melee Ritualist Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Koson View Post
    How would you distribute stat points? Just Str / Dex at the classical 3:2 ratio?
    Mostly to STR. I put only what I must in DEX (items...)

  10. #10
    Quick question, do you feel you need INT at all to support the spell casting, or is there really no need? I assume there isn't, but just curious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •