How to create a skin:
You have to have a program that allows you to create good .psd files. The only ones that I know are the GIMP -> http://www.gimp.org/ and paint shop pro -> http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satelli.../1184951547051
I use Gimp. Some people say that Paint shop pro is better. You will have to see which is better for you, read about them before selecting one. Note: Gimp is free, Paintshop pro costs money, but maybe you can find a non-money working version of it...
1) Download the SkinsCompiler pack. It is available here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/dv19o2
I have put all together so that it is easy to work. Unpack in on a directory (for example, C:\SkinsCompiler)
2) Assuming you have downloaded and installed the AllSkins mod, you will have plenty of models to modify. Those models will be on C:\Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\Database\Creatures\pc\female (for female models) or C:\Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\Database\Creatures\pc\male (for male models). The path to the models may vary according to where you have your Titan Quest installed, your language, etc, but it will be <DIRECTORY WHERE YOU HAVE TITAN QUEST IMMORTAL THRONE>\Database\Creatures\Female .
3) On your computer, choose 1 skin that you want to change, and copy this skin (for example, if you want to change OoALEJOoO's Fully Nude skin, copy femalepc01_AOoALEJOoOs_FullyNude.tex) from
C:\Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\Database\Creatures\pc\female
to the directory C:\SkinsCompiler that you created.
4) On the C:\SkinsCompiler directory, rename the file (e.g. femalepc01_AOoALEJOoOs_FullyNude.tex) to something else, for example, myworkingfile.tex
5) Enter the command line of DOS and go to c:\SkinsCompiler
6) Enter the following command on the DOS line:
7) Now you have a .psd file. You can edit this file with the GIMP or with Photoshop pro. You will notice that it's not so easy, because the male or female character is represented as a texture. You will see what I mean when you get to this point.
TextureViewer.exe myworkingfile.tex myworkingfile.psd
8 ) Start making tests. You will need to know how to work with GIMP or Photoshop pro to do it. Change the character at will, and when you are satisfied, save your changes with the .psd extension again. The file you will have now is a "modified" myworkingfile.psd. You have to change this file back to a .tex file because this is the only format that Titan Quest can use. To do that,
on the command line again, on c:\SkinsCompiler directory, issue the following command:
9) Now you have a file called
TextureCompiler myworkingfile.psd femalepc01_Nyours_PlaceholderWhite.tex -format dxt5
femalepc01_Nyours_PlaceholderWhite.tex. Copy this file back to the directory C:\Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne\Database\Creatures\pc\female
10) Create a character named Skin_Tester and enter the game with the AllSkins Mod. Go to Helos (first town), to the NORMAL trader (not the new ones) and buy the "Your PlaceHolder White" skin. Right-Click on it to use it. You will now see the character with the skin that you have made.
- I don't know if you have a C:\Program Files\THQ\Titan Quest Immortal Throne directory. It is the directory where Titan Quest Immortal Throne is installed. You may have to adapt the directories on my example.
- You can see the command from 6) on a file called TexToPsd.bat and the command from 8 ) on a file called PsdToTex.bat. After you start changing the myworkingfile.psd, DON'T run the TexToPsd.bat file though, since it will override the file you have been working on (myworkingfile.psd) with the original myworkingfile.tex
- The PsdToTex.bat file is more useful; you can add a line to it and automate a little more the process. Add a line like this:
(if you are copying to the female char) or
copy femalepc01_Nyours_PlaceholderWhite.tex <YourTitanQuestImmortalThroneProgramDirectoryHere>\Creatures\pc\female
to <YourTitanQuestImmortalThroneProgramDirectoryHere> \Creatures\pc\male (if you are copying to the male char).
This line above will avoid that you have to do step 9).
- The Step 10 has to be done only once. Once the Skin_Tester char is created, everytime that you enter the game, she will be with the last change you made on her skin.