Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whirling Blades

Whirling Blades

There is a problem with the Whirling Blades skill. When used, the energy cost is double what is listed. I have it at level 1 where the energy cost is 75. When I use it, there seem to be two separate 75 energy drains for a total of 150. It's a nice skill, but this is a pretty high cost!
    ClosetChemist's Army

Asteraea 24 Warden [xmax] ** Autolycus 27 Brigand [xmax] ** Boudicca 36 Warrior **
    Estarra 69 Harbinger ** Karnak 33 Conjurer ** Lady Godiva 56 Dreamkiller [Naked Hardcore RIP]
    Lykopis 55 Haruspex [Lilith] ** Mekira 52 Oracle ** Menas 27 Battlemonk [Masteries] **
    Merekles 56 Slayer ** Paracelsus 20 Thaumaturgist [Masteries] ** Philoctetes 56 Ranger **
    Rhetta Khett 34 Corsair ** Temujin 41 Conquerer

"Victory belongs to the most persevering." N. Bonaparte

Re: Whirling Blades

In the v1.02 release, I see you lowered the cost of the skill. It still actually costs twice the listed value - at level 1 the cost has been lowered to 40 energy but there still sees to be the double drain effect and it actually costs 80 energy. Is this a problem related to the mechanism for the skill? (I have no problem with the cost now, but wondered if the lowered "list" cost was the only way to fix this issue.)
    ClosetChemist's Army

Asteraea 24 Warden [xmax] ** Autolycus 27 Brigand [xmax] ** Boudicca 36 Warrior **
    Estarra 69 Harbinger ** Karnak 33 Conjurer ** Lady Godiva 56 Dreamkiller [Naked Hardcore RIP]
    Lykopis 55 Haruspex [Lilith] ** Mekira 52 Oracle ** Menas 27 Battlemonk [Masteries] **
    Merekles 56 Slayer ** Paracelsus 20 Thaumaturgist [Masteries] ** Philoctetes 56 Ranger **
    Rhetta Khett 34 Corsair ** Temujin 41 Conquerer

"Victory belongs to the most persevering." N. Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetChemist View Post
    In the v1.02 release, I see you lowered the cost of the skill. It still actually costs twice the listed value - at level 1 the cost has been lowered to 40 energy but there still sees to be the double drain effect and it actually costs 80 energy. Is this a problem related to the mechanism for the skill? (I have no problem with the cost now, but wondered if the lowered "list" cost was the only way to fix this issue.)
    Hi there,

Exactly. Stupid game mechanics...this is all we could do...

seems it charging you energy for both hands then for some stupid reason

Is it just me or this skill doesn't actually take the weapons' damage in account ? I'm a myrmidon lvl 50 on epic and next to frenzy this skill does almost no dmg AT ALL wtf !? Both skills are lvl 3 frenzy takes like 2/3 of their lives and this wb takes like 1/20 ...

Edit: tested it closely and I'm absolutely positive it doesn't strike with the weapons and does only the dmg in the skill's description. Is it actually ment to be this way ? Also, this skill, just like war shout btw, is very hard to target unless its on my right side mouse button. It would be very nice if you can fix this

Whirling blades still takes up too much mana.

80 - 100???

Far too much. I suggest reducing the intended cost to 30 so it costs about 60 finally.

Also, you should make that the whirling blades add the stated damage along with your initial damage, otherwise they are worthless because you can deal far more damage just by attacking.

If you don't want to do that you could just buff that damage by about 100%.

whirling blades isn't worth investing any pts in.. is the maker of this mod still around and are there any plans of making further changes to the mod?

I just checked, and the skill class used is radius attack. Pink Frog gave it the AoE360 attack animation, but that doesn't make it a weapon attack skill. The skill is basically distort reality with a weapon attack animation, dig? That's why the weapons aren't hitting.

Not sure why he didn't just use the same skill class--maybe wanted it to hit farther away than melee range.

It's an easy fix. Just take the war wind skill and change the stats on it to match whirling blades. INSANE released the working files a while ago, so if any of you are interested, you could certainly start contributing the fixes.

I offered to help INSANE fix up the mod, but he's recently expressed a disinterest in TQ related stuff. He's got a family and other interests now.

your explanation makes sense

I wish had the know how and time to invest in such things as fixing/changing stuff like this, unfortunately I do not

so I edited this skill a bit.. used the template for war wind as you said which improved it drastically. I'm not sure how balanced it is though after little testing.

Will attack radius affect weapons/swords attacks? I couldn't tell with the little testing I did; I ended up just removing the radius effect. I did increase the reuse time on it to 25 secs.. might reduce the dmg if it seems too good after more playing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast