Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beta tester thread for the allskin mod

Beta tester thread for the allskin mod

If you want to be a beta tester, please post here. This thread will be for reporting what has to be fixed and suggestions. I'll send a link for whoever posts here with where to download the mod.

I hope that I have the beta version ready in something like 6 hours. It will be midnight in Europe by then.

If you are reading this but have no clue what I'm talking about, please read this:

http://www.titanquest.net/forums/ski...od-needed.html

Edit: Beta testers have to have IT. The database.arz to test the mod is IT's database.

Re: Beta tester thread for the allskin mod

Well, version is ready but since nobody wants to test, I'll just keep on going... a bit of cooperative work would help having a good quality release.

I would be willing to test it out

I can jump in on that, though I have only a tiny fraction of the skins. I assume you have an archive or somesuch to download?

I_Raps,

I'm sending to you and to CarlosJuero a PM with the link to test it.

The mod has all the skins already ready for testing, as listed in this post here:

http://www.titanquest.net/forums/ski...tml#post222459

Let me know how it goes

lufe,

I ran a couple characters through the mod, and all went well. The mod looks like a keeper.

Now a couple of hopefully useful observations:

All the names seemed to go with the right skins, though I'm no authority on that; a lot of those skins were completely new to me.

Here are a couple of skins I posted in the past: http://www.titanquest.net/forums/ski...tml#post169050

The Indian Girl by Avatar2b is blue and yellow checks. I assume you're waiting for his corrected version?

The magic merchant in the Spartan camp has plenty of extra room. Maybe you could have him sell the basic colors for people who want to do trials with the male skins. You could also probably double his selection of rings and amulets to make up for the Helos merchant having none.

I couldn't figure out the meaning of the different bottle shapes beyond the basic adult/non-adult and male/female breakdowns.

How are you going to handle the .bmps? - or are they already handled? I didn't see any odd lines, but I only looked at them in-game, not out on the "viewing stand" with maxed graphics.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All-in-all, very well done. I'll have a look at the source files later, but I doubt there's anything there to improve.

If only I have my new computer, my dad took it to work, and this ancient computer won`t get TQ running .

Quote Originally Posted by I_Raps View Post
    lufe,

I ran a couple characters through the mod, and all went well. The mod looks like a keeper.

Now a couple of hopefully useful observations:

All the names seemed to go with the right skins, though I'm no authority on that; a lot of those skins were completely new to me.
    That's what the mod is about, bringing all of them, including new ones, to the spotlight. I hope you liked the ones that you've never seen, or at least a good part of them...

Here are a couple of skins I posted in the past: http://www.titanquest.net/forums/ski...tml#post169050
    Will of course be included. If you find anything else that wasn't included, please post it here. It will surely be included.

The Indian Girl by Avatar2b is blue and yellow checks. I assume you're waiting for his corrected version?
    No, that wasn't intentional. I forgot to send her for testing, it seems. It will be corrected on the next beta test delivery.

The magic merchant in the Spartan camp has plenty of extra room. Maybe you could have him sell the basic colors for people who want to do trials with the male skins. You could also probably double his selection of rings and amulets to make up for the Helos merchant having none.
    Including basic colors is a good idea, didn't think about it. About rings and amulets, though, I'm not that sure. I can put more rings OR more amulets, but I'm not sure I can include both. Even if male skins are not that many, they occupy already 2 slots from the available 3 slots (each slot takes up to 30 rings or bottles or amulets). By trial and error I know that bottles and amulets or bottles and rings together is a no-no. I can try to mix amulets and rings, but I'm not sure if it will work.

I couldn't figure out the meaning of the different bottle shapes beyond the basic adult/non-adult and male/female breakdowns.
    They're only placeholders at the moment. The skin shape breakdown won't be by adult/non-adult, it will be by author. One for Shark, one for Arkeyla, etc... at least on the beginning. If many new authors will come, skin shapes will have to be mixed for the authors that don't have too many work done.

How are you going to handle the .bmps? - or are they already handled? I didn't see any odd lines, but I only looked at them in-game, not out on the "viewing stand" with maxed graphics.
    Unfortunately, I can't do anything about BMPs. The routine that handles the skins won't take them

I'm giving the most generic bmp available (shark's iirc for female, yours for male) and that's it. I asked Soulseekkor to include a routine on his defiler to simplify the change of the .bmps but he didn't reply, I'm not sure if it will be done by him at all. The only other way is replacing them by hand; I will release all known bmps with the package, and people can replace them if they want to. The bmp's names have implicit to which skin they belong, so it's easy to replace them by hand.

All-in-all, very well done. I'll have a look at the source files later, but I doubt there's anything there to improve.
    Why, thanks - there's for sure room for improvement. I couldn't make TQVault get the bottle skins and show them, for example. I was half hoping you knew what's wrong about it...

And then there's your idea of making some skins available when starting a char. That I still want to do.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by lufe View Post
    ...I couldn't make TQVault get the bottle skins and show them, for example. I was half hoping you knew what's wrong about it...
    I saw your question on one of the TQVault threads, and I'm hoping for an answer. I've never been able to solve that... all my custom items are question marks in TQVault, no matter where I put their uibitmaps - unless I just point to an already known uibitmap. I think TQVault must be reading from an Index instead of drawing the name from each item's dbr. If I could find out the name and whereabouts of that Index, I'm sure editing it would be as easy as adding new text or .tex's.

I'll take a crack at it too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast