Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: TQ Defiler.NET News/Requests [1.3.7]

Hybrid View

TQ Defiler.NET News/Requests [1.3.7]

This is going to be the "new" thread for the Defiler.NET from now on. The old Defiler (3.4.5) is no longer supported as of July 4th 2009 and will no longer be available for download from my website. The Defiler.NET fixes many issues the old version had, had many new features, and is much easier to support at this point.

This version is ALOT smaller both for the exe only download and the setup download, you will need the .NET Framework 2.0 but most of you will have that because of TQ Vault anyway...so download the exe only if you have TQ Vault already (make sure to place the scripting.dll file in the same directory as the Defiler program)!

Please give feedback to the new interface and suggestions, or ideas for new features or improvements!

Thanks!

Soul

Last Upload: 7-8-12 @ 11:30AM Central

Exe only:
    Exe Only File(Download if you have TQ Vault already or have the .Net Framework 2.0)
    Approx: 503kb

Setup install:
    Install File(Download if you need the .Net Framework 2.0)
    Approx: 613kb

My Home Page:
    SoulSeekkor's TQ Defiler.NET Home
    Last edited by SoulSeekkor; 07-08-2012 at 12:48 PM.
    Author of the TQ Defiler.NET. Get more information here or email me!
    Newest version of TQ Defiler is 1.3.9 released 6-29-14!

Click here for the GD Defiler official thread (includes download - Titan Quest compatible)!

Re: SoulSeekkor's TQ Defiler.NET News/Requests

Just put up one more build before I'm off to bed. This one has EVERYTHING fully functional on the main screen of the Defiler....download links work, website links, copy to main, expand caravan, even fix all caravan files and patch game. Every single menu item will now function and all critical features have been tested. Even the news and updates functions (and much faster at that), please leave feedback!

I know Batman will leave me a comment by morning.

Soul

Click here for the GD Defiler official thread (includes download - Titan Quest compatible)!

Hi Soul,

I just checked out the new interlace of the Defiler and it looks great, only i missed the Select All option in the Diff/Wps section, and the Gold numbers being yellow hurt my eyes while i'm triying to figure out wich numbers are actually there ''then again it is an early build so no problem there ''. but it is a nice interlace, looks better and it is more synoptic.

Greets,
    DFL

A couple of minor aesthetic issues:
    • In Main --> Defiler Settings... the window title is displayed as "frmSettings"
    • Under Main --> Game Options > when you select Disable (IT) Intro Videos the text in the menu doesn't change, so it still shows Disable (IT) Intro Videos instead of Enable (IT) Intro Videos. If it's not supposed to change the text then I would instead be expecting a tick or something next to the item indicating it has disabled the relative videos.

Otherwise, has a nice clean look.

@DarkFireLord
    Yeah, I wasn't much of a fan of that particular yellow either, changed! I had a bit of challenge finding room for that "check all" stuff, lol...I think I know how I'll do it which will be more intuitive in a way I hope, and take up less space, I'll have that up with the next build. It'll be 1.0.0.0 for quite awhile, lol, everything is there minus two things really, mods and saving changes.

@Thermal Ions
    Thanks for the catch! So busy getting everything in place and added I missed a caption text, doh! Ah yes, it disables videos correctly...missed the code to update the captions though, many thanks for that! What do you think, caption change or checkboxes?? I'll leave it is caption for now but I think I might change it.

New build is up with the changes.

Soul

I vote for checkbox. It is harder to mis-interpret what the program is doing that way.

Checkbox it is.

Any ideas for the mods screen while I'm working on it? I know it's not in yet, but right now it's the same...minus I renamed a mod. The next build will let you go to the mods screen, although there's no functionality yet. That's the one that's gonna take the longest, as I'm going to rewrite most of it.

Hey Soul,

I love the job you did with the defiler. Excellent work. This isn't a suggestion, but a cry for help. Sorry to post in this thread. I down loaded the greenpeace module for the original Titans Quest but when I tried to transfer the mule character over to the main quest the character isn't listed just the characters from IT. I'm using version 3.4.1. do I need an older version? I'm at a lose.

Your fine! After making changes to a character in regular Titan Quest (such as the editing or copying of a character)...you must follow these steps:

1)Run Titan Quest, stop when you get to the main screen...do not select any menus.
    2)Press alt+tab and run the Defiler if it isn't already open.
    3)Click the 'Patch Game' button, then go back into the game and load the modified character to resave it. That's it!

This will work with the .NET version as well, any version of Titan Quest will do.

Soul

Checkbox is probably what people are used to seeing most often in programs.

What I'd really like to see with the mods page is the ability to create mod profiles. In this way a user could switch between different mod configurations without having to tick and untick individual mods.

For example I might have:

Profile1: Solo
    - Remove Death Penalty
    - Infinite Potion Stacking
    - Super Flying Bodies
    - Remove Broken/Grey Items
    - Remove Common (White) Items
    - Freeze Time of Day

Profile2: Challenge
    - Super Flying Bodies
    - Freeze Time of Day

Profile3: LAN
    - Remove Death Penalty
    - Infinite Potion Stacking
    - Super Flying Bodies
    - Freeze Time of Day

Once I've set them up I can just select Solo, Challenge, or LAN from the Mods menu / page. This would for example avoid accidentally leaving a mod ticked that isn't in the spirit of a challenge (been there done that).

Page 1 of 62 1231151 ... LastLast