Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How do you beat Legendary Hades with Caster Diviner?

How do you beat Legendary Hades with Caster Diviner?

My current build listed below:

http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.a...6-12-12-8-12-0

Normal mode: Nightmare and Lich King killed everything, way too easy

Epic mode: Distortion Wave + Distort Reality killed everything instantly, even easier than normal mode

Legendary mode: Nightmare + Lich King + Distortion Wave + Distort Reality were sufficient to breeze through all the mobs, Summon Outsider was needed for bosses, but relatively easy throughout, never had any problems with any parts at all

.... until I got to Hades..... how the heck am I supposed to kill him?
    I kill all the mobs in Hades Palace with a single DW/DR combo, relatively no effort required, I don't even have to attack. But I do no damage to Hades at all and every single one of his skills kills me instantly (I have over 4k life and max elemental/poison/pierce resist and pretty high secondary resists). I have a ton of really good equip from farming legendary secret passage and various bosses throughout the game.

My DW and DR dont move Hades' life bar at all and realistically its too risky to get close enough to him to use DR or have either of my auras take effect since one hit ends my life.

My best strategy is just summon Lich King, Nightmare, Outsider, and use a scroll for another summon and then run around in circles while Hades attacks me and hope my summons can wear him down. But after about 10+ minutes of running in circles he always manages to get off a lucky hit once and I die then he's healed to full when I return. The lowest I've ever got him is about 30% health and then my Lich King's % life skills aren't effective enough to drop his life consistently.

Is there something obvious I'm missing here, or is he supposed to be 1000 times harder than everything else in the game?
    Is there some completely different build I am supposed to be using as a diviner because this build was extremely effective vs everything else in the game. I can easily farm any other bosses or secret passage.

I've seen some mentions of using a Diviner Melee build, but unfortunately I planned my build as a caster build and thus do not have high enough str or dex to use any good melee equipment I don't think.

Any suggestions?

Re: How do you beat Legendary Hades with Caster Diviner?

You had pumped on skills that are generally not useful against Hades. Reskill.
    1. ToC over Tow: you need to survive, LK and Outsider should take care of reduced resistances. Just need 1 point in outsider.
    2. Distortion wave line: Get PT or Ternion if you can get close.
    3. Necrosis, check if it matches w/ your weapon damage.
    4 Distort Reality wont hurt Hades that much even with maxed Necrosis. Just 1 point on the base skill if you really like it.

Temporal Flux and Premonition (DA/OA) wont really help you against hades except maybe the added speed.

Now put points in Dark Covenat line, max LK base skill and wraith shell, PT or Ternion, need to be careful getting too close thou using the later.

Then pump your vitality and stun resistance. Run speed also helps a lot.

maul,
    Thanks for the reply. I agree that I put points in skills that are not very useful vs Hades, but there is not much (if any) benefit of putting the points in other skills.
    ToC over ToW would probably help for the 15% damage absorbtion, I will try it, but I assume I will still die in 1 hit.
    Dark Covenant might increase my damage enough to actually move his life bar, not sure.
    I do actually have level 4 PT/PB, although I didn't put it in the build I posted because it's generally not useful as it also does not move Hades life bar at all.
    Ternion is not useful because if I get close enough to use it, he kills me instantly.
    Maxing out the Lich King's skills could help a bit as his first skill does do 33% life and 70% damage absorbtion will extend his life a bit (although he doesn't generally die too quickly right now anyways as Hades targets me 99% of the time regardless of whether or not I am actually attacking)
    My vit resist is already at 60% and I don't really have any other decent items to equip to help with it unfortunately =( but I would think 60% should be enough (wrong!)
    The points in Outsider, Temporal Flux, Premonition, Necrosis, etc are just due to a lack of anything else to use them in really.

I guess I will try beefing up the Lich King and adding ToC and Dark Covenant, maybe I will have better luck next time..... will post the results tomorrow.

This is a video clip of a Conjurer taking out Legendary Hades with pets and auras only. No spells, no staff attacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOd3Gp-K07U

Dream vs. Earth, doesn't matter. Spirit is the key.

I had Outsider at 5/16, liche at 20/16, 16/12, 10/12, 0/12. Maxed Deathchil Aura, Necrosis and Ravages of Time. +4 skills.

Pump liche, so he will have more reduced resistances. Resummon if needed, you shoud be able to do it very easily. Do not aggro Hades before your pets attacks him. Use yuor aura to deal some dmg to Hades, though that is not needed.

Hades does tons of vitality dmg, but even more physical dmg.
    75 Harbinger | 70 Conqueror | 70 Conjurer | 70 Diviner | 70 Spellbreaker | 68 Ranger | 65 Elementalist | 65 Evoker | 65 Bone Charmer | 62 Guardian | 61 Brigand | 61 Thane | 61 Templar | 60 Battlemage | 60 Warden | 59 Haruspex | 58 Slayer | 58 Champion | 55 Druid | 52 Paladin | 50 Oracle | +++

Guide for All Skills Attribute Guide Custom Mastery Guide
    ------

The build I used to fight Hades this time:
    http://www.titancalc.com/TitanCalc.a...-12-0-8-12-0-0

For clarification, since I forgot to mention it in my first post, I was only having trouble with Hades' final form, the first one (and I don't know if the bone form is a whole 2nd form or just part of the first form?) were easy.

But I basically just sat there and let Lich King kill him while I stood close enough for Deathchill Aura to hit him. Deathchill Aura's -81% vit resist + Lich King's -34% vit resist made his skills pretty effective.
    I think Deathchill Aura's -36% damage plus the Lich King's 80% damage absorbtion made Hades do 0 damage because he attacked my Lich King the entire time and never hurt him.
    I summoned Outsider at the beginning and he knocked Hades' health down to about 5-10% before he died and Lich King slowly wore him down the rest of the way. Took a lot longer than the Youtube video you posted, I guess Core Dweller does a lot more damage than Nightmare.

But at least I beat him, thanks for the input.

Core Dweller doesn't do much dmg. Having liche at 20 versus what you have has a huge difference. Outsider is best summoned when Hades transforms the second time.
    75 Harbinger | 70 Conqueror | 70 Conjurer | 70 Diviner | 70 Spellbreaker | 68 Ranger | 65 Elementalist | 65 Evoker | 65 Bone Charmer | 62 Guardian | 61 Brigand | 61 Thane | 61 Templar | 60 Battlemage | 60 Warden | 59 Haruspex | 58 Slayer | 58 Champion | 55 Druid | 52 Paladin | 50 Oracle | +++

Guide for All Skills Attribute Guide Custom Mastery Guide
    ------

Yes, my post was unclear, I meant I summoned Outsider at the beginning of the final form. Don't need it for the first two forms, those are easy.

Thanks for the input