Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Monster types that cause problems FAQ

Re: Monster types that cause problems FAQ

Crocmen strategy. Kill Overseers as quickly as possible. They can be deadly. I often come up against them and they have max AS with a staff. Heroes are just as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fallen One View Post
    And the ancient Limos before Athens is downright horendous. He is 3rd on my least favorite monster list, only topped by Machae and Kers(?).
    In this case, if you have Ensnare skill and ranged attack, this is absolutely no problem, killed it in few seconds, also works on most boss monsters like this giant Limos and monster heroes, of course, except Act bosses and few quest monsters, for example Nessus.

in my opinion, the only really dangerous monsters are those who stun+damage you

Like that dragon archer in act 3 or dactyl in act 4

in my opinion, the only really dangerous monsters are those who stun+damage you

Like that dragon archer in act 3 or dactyl in act 4
    im pretty sure the dragonian archers don't stun, i think it's the mages you are talking about. Since they send out thunderballs that stun you for a duration leaving you open to be shredded by dragonian firetalons.

also, if it's stun we're talking about then i think one of the most dangerous combos in TQ is the Tigermen variation. Tigermen mages stun you with lightning bolt and while that is happening you have flying arrows at you and a couple of tigermen on you. Worst case scenario, the tiger champ lets down his battle standard and you are an "open sitting duck." This is not really the case for regular TQ, but in xmax and uber this proves to be very dangerous for any hardcore player.
    HC xMax Challenge Finishers/Level/# of Retries: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ltCdM-wq0AsEY4
    HC xMax Active Entries: Ora 60 (2), Tem 60 (1), Pal 50 (0) Coming Soon: Prophet, Spellbreaker, Illusionist
    Final TQ Goals: All Professions in xmax Legendary (22/45)

Olympian God

Quote Originally Posted by yerkyerk View Post
    Also, do DoTs get returned if you attack damage reflecting enemies?
    Yes. My closest shave in playing the Xmax no potions challenge was when I zapped a Dragonian Mage with a DW/PI from my Evoker. I had to run around slowly while the Electrical Burn ate away at my life. So it reflected both the slowing and the EBD DoT. Nasty.

If we're talking monsters that stun and then damage you, how about Barmanu?

*sigh* can't believe I forgot about him... lol
    HC xMax Challenge Finishers/Level/# of Retries: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ltCdM-wq0AsEY4
    HC xMax Active Entries: Ora 60 (2), Tem 60 (1), Pal 50 (0) Coming Soon: Prophet, Spellbreaker, Illusionist
    Final TQ Goals: All Professions in xmax Legendary (22/45)

Tigermen?Bah.Their LB isn't that dangerous,it isn't cast often and its stun is of 1,5 sec,my Ranger and Harbinger who got to act 4 xmax hardcore normal never had problems with any of act 3.
    Hardcore XMAX CHALLENGE:
    ExTeRmInAtOr-Level 70 Conqueror,COMPLETED;

Aellectris-Level 21 Oracle,Gorgon Cave;

Quote Originally Posted by gasconron View Post
    im pretty sure the dragonian archers don't stun, i think it's the mages you are talking about. Since they send out thunderballs that stun you for a duration leaving you open to be shredded by dragonian firetalons.
    I second the notion that wyrm mages are annoying... their thunderballs stun and do a lot of damage if all of them hit you. Luckily, they can be lured away (or, if you have a dream toon, you could go for the good old fashioned phantom strike + distort reality surprise attack, then quickly finish off the caster and get the hell out of there. Unless you're playing xmax or Underlord or something similar and there is a second caster...).
    Ironically, the Warlocks that appear later in Wusao Mountain and the Obsidian Halls seem to lack any relevant skills or attacks. I always let them shoot at me while I kill the Deathlances because their dps is ridiculously low.
    Regarding Deathlances: Seems to me they are not that dangerous apart from their Take Down attack, so after attracting a few of them just run away until they charge, then turn around and finish them after they used up their skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Xargon View Post
    Regarding Deathlances: Seems to me they are not that dangerous apart from their Take Down attack, so after attracting a few of them just run away until they charge, then turn around and finish them after they used up their skill.
    +1. I always found the Ancient Archers or whatever they're called a lot weaker than their outdoor counterparts as well. It was the packs of flame archers that totally killed you...
    Last edited by defboy99; 10-25-2013 at 03:39 AM. Reason: rape reference

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678