Titan Quest Gold bug - Invalid CD Keys for multiplayer -FIXED
My brother just bought TQ:Gold (original+expansion), and can't play Immortal Throne online, because of the infamous "Invalid CD Key" problem. In an effort to fix it, he has tried:
1) searching for Iron Lore in registry, and verifying that there are no typos in the key.
2) uninstalling, and reinstalling
3) Exchanging TQ:Gold for a new copy at Best Buy, and then reinstalling again with those keys.
This seems to be a bug in the Titan Quest Gold Packages, and doesn't affect those who bought the expansion separately. Has anyone found a fix for it?
Some more information:
1) My brother can play the original game online. He can also play the expansion single player. The CD Key error only happens when attempting to play the expansion in multiplayer mode. He gets the error when trying to start his own server, or when he tries to connect to my server.
2) The Titan Quest Gold package (for those who don't know) is a single disk, but contains separate CD Keys for the original and expansion. Installing the original will install 1.30, and pressing "update" tells you that no updates are available.
3) My brother is not using and has never used any hacks.
4) I have Titan Quest and Titan Quest:IT separately, and I can play either one, single player or multiplayer. This is why I think that the problem is only with the gold packages.