Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Quest Gold bug - Invalid CD Keys for multiplayer -FIXED

Titan Quest Gold bug - Invalid CD Keys for multiplayer -FIXED

My brother just bought TQ:Gold (original+expansion), and can't play Immortal Throne online, because of the infamous "Invalid CD Key" problem. In an effort to fix it, he has tried:

1) searching for Iron Lore in registry, and verifying that there are no typos in the key.
    2) uninstalling, and reinstalling
    3) Exchanging TQ:Gold for a new copy at Best Buy, and then reinstalling again with those keys.

This seems to be a bug in the Titan Quest Gold Packages, and doesn't affect those who bought the expansion separately. Has anyone found a fix for it?

Some more information:
    1) My brother can play the original game online. He can also play the expansion single player. The CD Key error only happens when attempting to play the expansion in multiplayer mode. He gets the error when trying to start his own server, or when he tries to connect to my server.
    2) The Titan Quest Gold package (for those who don't know) is a single disk, but contains separate CD Keys for the original and expansion. Installing the original will install 1.30, and pressing "update" tells you that no updates are available.
    3) My brother is not using and has never used any hacks.
    4) I have Titan Quest and Titan Quest:IT separately, and I can play either one, single player or multiplayer. This is why I think that the problem is only with the gold packages.

Re: Titan Quest Gold bug - Invalid CD Keys for multiplayer

Does LAN work?

I haven't heard of any Gold specific problems...........
    Acer Aspire M7200 - AMD Quad Core 2.55, 8gb RAM, XFX HD7770 Black DD, 640gb HDD, Win7 64bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Does LAN work?

I haven't heard of any Gold specific problems...........
    I'm not sure about LAN yet. We're going to install and try Hamachi tonight.

He also contacted Iron Lore last night. They said that the problem could be caused by a bad install that corrupted the registry. So, they told him to download and ran ccleaner, and then restart windows with everything but the most basic services running (using msconfig). Then with the clean boot, reinstall the game. He tried this, but still got the "invalid CD key".

If we find any way around this bug, I'll be sure to update this post.

If you send a scan of your receipt to IronLore they may send you a new CD key. Might be worth asking...........

Please do let us know of any developements.
    Acer Aspire M7200 - AMD Quad Core 2.55, 8gb RAM, XFX HD7770 Black DD, 640gb HDD, Win7 64bit.

I planned to buy a gold ed to make a present for my gf, but I'll reconsider if this problem exists. Thanks to the op for pointing this out.

I've got gold, but haven't gotten any problems playing online.

I just bought Gold edition, and I have the same issue, invalid CDKEY when I try to host or join multiplayer games.

Not a happy customer.

update: I exchanged for a new copy at bestbuy, same thing, invalid key, and same exact replication of the problem, only occurs in IT multiplayer, original game works fine.

well, I'm glad to see people responding. I guess we know that not all people have problems with the Gold version. The problem is probably triggered by some combination of hardware, or by some configuration in the registry prior to installation, but finding the key to the problem may difficult.

I think its bad keys on the fault of the publisher, not computer issues. Someone on the vault forums said they got an official response that acknowledged they sent out bad keys.

Well do they replace the keys? I just bought Gold today...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast