While farming for my first Divine Artifact, Blood of Ares, it occurred to me that I had absolutely no idea where to find the missing recipes. I also had absolutely no idea what the cooldown of the granted skill was, and how often it would activate. So I decided to find out a bit more about that. This led to the creation of this excel file.
It has the cooldowns and activation chances of granted skills, and the chances to find each artifact in each act of the difficulty it drops in. The chances tell you how likely it is for a dropped recipe to be a certain one. I also listed which acts are best for farming that recipe in a shorter format.
For the other artifact stats, look here, here or here. Thanks to Whisk33 for pointing me to the first site, it is pretty compact and easy to look at.
According to this, the best enemies to farm for recipes are Typhon, Hades, the Telkines, Hydra, Talos, Manticore, Zombie Dragon and the Secret Passage. I don't know how the chances are for normal and epic, and I'm not sure if any of those drop recipes outside their act/difficulty, so maybe I will check that eventually. Not now though.
Now for those who are too lazy to download and look through that file, here's some of the info in a more condensed form:
- Most artifacts have a native act (unfortunately you usually can't determine it from the god's name for the divine ones) in which they drop far more frequently than in others. This difference is less pronounced for greater recipes than for lesser ones, and pretty small for the divine ones.
- Artifacts cant drop before their native act, but they can drop after it.
- All granted skills have a cooldown. The shortest one is 75 seconds.
- All skills that activate on low health have a 100% chance to activate, but most have a very long cooldown, either 120 or 240 seconds. Obviously it's 240 for the more powerful ones.
- All other skills have 5% or 10% chance to activate, Effigy of Skyfire has 20%. The cooldown is between 75 and 120 seconds, except for Elemental Rage which has a 180 seconds cooldown.
- Greater artifacts start dropping in Normal Orient. Divine artifacts start dropping in Epic Egypt.
For a list of completion bonuses, check this. It's not done by me, but by Dmitryn from ag.ru. If I shouldn't link this just tell me and I will remove it. Thanks to Poinas for uploading it to the forums after the original link died.