Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is there a way to reset a skill tree?

Is there a way to reset a skill tree?

Hi people

First off I'm on TQ Spirit/Storm, a rather bad combination IMO. Level 36 currently, Epic difficulty almost at the end of the Greece.

My main problem is due to my lack of understanding RPG( ) I filled up both trees. I now want to reset storm mastery tree and add those points to my spirit one.

My tree
    I want to add a few more on spirit since I use it all the way up. I know I can reset special ablities but I didn't find a way to reset the tree.

Thanks!

P.S: what's the case with IT? Do you start a new player or is better to continue from where you were left?

Re: Is there a way to reset a skill tree?

It's not possible unless you use a cheating tool (defiler). Up to you if you want to use that or not.

By the way, Spirit/Storm is a great combo. Check all the Oracle threads in both the spirit and storm mastery forums.

Typically you want to be storm heavy with an oracle and primarily use just the liche king and ternion from the spirit tree (of course you could add more later).

My 22 Oracle is maxing the Storm Nimbus tree for staff boosting, 1 pt in Squall asap, and Obscure Visibility to help. It is a pity to have maxed Mastery and not taking advantage of its powers, unfortunately the Mystic can't refund the Mastery points, don't know why.

After I wanted to get Thunderball, the Lich King and Ternion.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Now to more specific and past-noob era questions.

At the beginning I didn't know what was best so I kept adding skills everywhere in my inventory. Since I'm Oracle, I should care only about intelligence but that's not the case. Is there a way to decrease the other additions I did and max my intelligence? I heard there is a hack tool around that does...things, but I only want to fix my mistakes and not overpower my character. Now in legendary, I play for xp and loose everything in 2-3 deaths.

I don't know how you can reset attribute points, but you can visit the guy with blue ball upon his head and for a price get take off the points you added to skills. You can't take off the points you added to mastery itself...

mystic can shift spells alround so at a given moment you have a hight squall or a high pet or any combination you want. I use a lot to adapt with bossmobs

You can use the Defiler to take points out of one attribute and place them into another, the ratio helps make sure you are taking "even" amounts out, every attribute point spent actually adds 4 to an attribute (with the exception of health/mana which is 25 I believe).

SoulSeekkor's TQ Defiler/Portable - Home

And yes, it is better to start a new character with IT, so that you can take advantage of the new artifacts, etc. that you'll need to find to make the higher level ones, otherwise you'll be grinding for them more when you're a higher level. Overall it doesn't really matter, you'll probably have to grind for what you need anyway.

Soul
    Author of the TQ Defiler.NET. Get more information here or email me!
    Newest version of TQ Defiler is 1.3.7 released 7-8-12!

Click here for the GD Defiler teaser thread!