Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Camera Mod Collection

Priest

Re: Camera Mod Collection v3.1

... bit of an update on the Artifact/Arcane formula/Scroll display problem...

I'll fix it soon... I promise... but I've been distracted playing Bioshock and watching movies on a new HD player and plasma television I bought... can ya blame me...

Nope. Can't blame you at all. :-)

I've been holding off on Bioshock until I play through a few more of the MANY games that I have not yet finished...

I've also been holding off on HD and widescreen TV, but will probably get them this year as a Christmas gift to myself. ;-)

Does the fix also include the beast caller equipment (rings and amulets)? The text regarding the summons increases (armor, damage, etc.) also appear as white text when they shouldn't. I'm assuming the problems are related?

Hello, just started playing TQ two days ago and this is the first mod I have downloaded. As a rule I would play for sometime before trying additional content. Nonetheless this mode seems to naturally augment the game design.

My question is in the read me files they mention previous versions had the option of placing the camera more in line with the horizon. Im guessing this means something like over-the-shoulder type views, a la Elder Scrolls. The read me also explains these were taken out due to conflicts, which sounds understandable considering how demanding TQ is on machines. Nonetheless I would really like to try this view if it is at all possible.

Any advice will be appreicated.

Priest

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticSun View Post
    I've also been holding off on HD and widescreen TV, but will probably get them this year as a Christmas gift to myself. ;-)
    My old TV (28in crt) died last week so I was forced to get a new one lest I go crazy without my G4TechTV. Gotta say, my DVD library (all 35 discs... I'm picky... no crap allowed) looks aaaaawesome upconverted to 1080p... wow... I say again... wow. Really looking forward to Transformers and Blade Runner coming out soon.

Does the fix also include the beast caller equipment (rings and amulets)? The text regarding the summons increases (armor, damage, etc.) also appear as white text when they shouldn't. I'm assuming the problems are related?
    Didn't know that that was also a problem...sigh.

After doing much reading this past week, I believe the problem for "all white text" on item descriptions will be fixed by addressing one single issue that is directly related to problems with the IT Art Manager itself. Now that I am aware of some problems with ITAM, I feel confident that the "white text" issue can be resolved... fairly easily. I'll take a crack at it on Sat or Sun and if all goes well (cross your fingers)... who knows... I may have a fix by Sun night.

Quote Originally Posted by Thun View Post
    My question is in the read me files they mention previous versions had the option of placing the camera more in line with the horizon. Im guessing this means something like over-the-shoulder type views, a la Elder Scrolls. The read me also explains these were taken out due to conflicts, which sounds understandable considering how demanding TQ is on machines. Nonetheless I would really like to try this view if it is at all possible.

Any advice will be appreicated.
    Don't hold me to any deadlines... but... I will be recreating the old camera mod version and adding it to the TQVault Collection page for you and anyone else who may want it. While I think the present version is the ideal solution, I also now think that at least providing an alternative for folks who want it would be a cool idea. At bare minimum, it's nice to have around for making cool panoramic screen shots.

I'll probably end up reworking the whole Collection page over at TQVault so that the Isometric and TopDown versions can be downloaded separately, in addition to the old "low horizon" mod.

Priest

Re: Camera Mod Collection

v1.0 Titan Quest and Immortal Throne reissued:

- Recreated v1.0 of the Camera Mod for folks requesting the old LOWHORIZON view.
    - Extremely Low Horizon view provides opportunities for incredible panoramic screenshots.
    - The low pitch angle can result in "mob" placement holders being made visible and can also add significant stuttering while zooming in.
    - Zooming In is more appropriate for taking panoramic screenshots as opposed to actual game play.

v3.2 Immortal Throne update:

Bug Fixes

- Artifact Formulas, Artifacts, Scrolls, Rings and Amulets display all stats with colored text again.
    - Relic and Charm removal now costs gold again (...sorry).

thank you so much for the v1 update. I really like the new angle when zomming closer to your character.

people were not kidding about performance hits ! My system can stutter quite badly under some conditions. If smoke or foilage is placed between the camera and my character it gets very slow.

Ive dropped everything to low, turned off shadows and the advanced graphic options. Overall visually I dont notice much of a change, in some ways the more softer imagery is preferable. Performance can still be problematic but I like to have the option to view certain battles from over the shoulder.

I found a new bug with the v3.1. Completely unrelated to your bug list. I'll try out v3.2 later today to make sure it's still a problem.

Legendary pets are extremely weakend with this mod. Epic and normal pets are as strong as before, but legendary pets become fodder in seconds with this mod.

Oddly enough, v3.2 does not have this bug.

Deighvyd, thanks! This is working great. Colors are working the way they are supposed to. I have not tested the removal costs for relics, yet.

Sorry to hear about your old TV dying, but what a great justification for buying an HDTV. I wonder if my 27" could have a mysterious fall?... :-)

Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Thun View Post
    thank you so much for the v1 update. I really like the new angle when zomming closer to your character.

people were not kidding about performance hits ! My system can stutter quite badly under some conditions. If smoke or foilage is placed between the camera and my character it gets very slow.

Ive dropped everything to low, turned off shadows and the advanced graphic options. Overall visually I dont notice much of a change, in some ways the more softer imagery is preferable. Performance can still be problematic but I like to have the option to view certain battles from over the shoulder.

Awesome... I'm glad that you're still able to enjoy it with the lower settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzael View Post
    I found a new bug with the v3.1. Completely unrelated to your bug list. I'll try out v3.2 later today to make sure it's still a problem.

Legendary pets are extremely weakend with this mod. Epic and normal pets are as strong as before, but legendary pets become fodder in seconds with this mod.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzael View Post
    Oddly enough, v3.2 does not have this bug.
    Man am I glad that 3.2 fixed the legendary pet problem for you. My first thought was... oh great... gotta go on another bug hunt!

Hudson: Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?
    Gorman: All we know is that there's still no contact with the colony, and that a xenomorph may be involved.
    Frost: Excuse me sir, a-a what?
    Gorman: A xenomorph.
    Hicks: It's a bughunt.

Deighvyd, thanks! This is working great. Colors are working the way they are supposed to. I have not tested the removal costs for relics, yet.

Sorry to hear about your old TV dying, but what a great justification for buying an HDTV. I wonder if my 27" could have a mysterious fall?... :-)
    The 0 gold bug is fixed on my end so I hope it works for you... and I'll send my psychic powers your way and see if I can fry your TV for you...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast