Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poison res?

Poison res?

New to the game I am playing my first char through IT. I played him in vanila through normal so I haven`t been to Hades before. Now I am at Cerberus and getting owned so badly I dont even get to click on my tombstone.

So I read guides and drag him into hallway and such but his breath is still killing me. Im playing a champion btw. Well I need poison res as its -8, but now I need it I cant find it, its not on rings or amus and not on any of the gear I have been hoarding. I never really noticed this before now when Cerberus made me pay attention to this fact. Can anybody give me some newbie advice about getting ones poison res up?

Re: Poison res?

Check out the shops. You are guaranteed to find poson resistance stuff. Try to get it to 60+
    75 Harbinger | 70 Conqueror | 70 Conjurer | 70 Diviner | 70 Spellbreaker | 68 Ranger | 65 Elementalist | 65 Evoker | 65 Bone Charmer | 62 Guardian | 61 Brigand | 61 Thane | 61 Templar | 60 Battlemage | 60 Warden | 59 Haruspex | 58 Slayer | 58 Champion | 55 Druid | 52 Paladin | 50 Oracle | +++

Guide for All Skills Attribute Guide Custom Mastery Guide
    ------

I'm on my first time through as well, and I've actually had this exact same problem. The first thing that will help you overcome this is Diseased Plumage. You probably have a couple items that are green or yellow (or a couple items that wouldn't be much worsened by being replaced with a green or a yellow), sticking a couple completed diseased plumage charms in there will work wonders. Which leads me right to my second suggestion: get used to farming. All artifacts and all relics and charms drop at specific places and a little research (or the top thread in the spoilers forum) will give you a good idea of where to find easy to make common artifacts (and their ingredients) that can rescue your poison res. Now if only I could figure out what to do about my pierce resistance I might be able to get through legendary.....

PS, you can stop looking for poison res on jewelry, it comes on armor instead.

Also make sure you don't step in the poison that comes through the cracks in the floor while fighting Cerberus. Even with high poison resists it hurts like hell.

I want to point something out, but just keep in mind I'm a newbie so perhaps there is a better way. Or this one is fine.

Diseased Plummage causes poison damage, whereas Pristine Plummage gives you Poison Resistance.

ps: I think so anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by Winlok View Post
    Diseased Plummage causes poison damage, whereas Pristine Plummage gives you Poison Resistance.

ps: I think so anyway....
    correct

best way to get poison resist? find a bunch of yellows and greens in shops, get a bunch of pristine plumages (1 completed normal charm gives you 20% reistsance). if you're a hunter, stick one point in herbal remedy for the poison resist bonus just for the fight...that's how my brigand made it through

good luck!

Always keep an eye out in the shops are you are progressing. I seemed to have no problems picking up green helms and greaves with a decent pile of poison resist on them. Hang onto your poison resist charms until the last second (you never know what might drop 1 room before Cerberus!) and you will only have to switch in 1 or 2 items to get over 50-60 resist and down he goes!

Poison resistance does come on jewelry.... unique ones! My usual favourites are Adroit Loop, Chiron's Loop and Apollo's Will.

Otherwise.. yes, poison resistance is rather hard to come by. I tend to have it on either yellow/green gauntlets or on the boots (eg. Curative prefix).

found nice monster infrequent on legendary few days ago - some boots (STR req.) from those fermicid insectoids in Act4 providing about 93% poison res. adding completed legendary pristine plumage with 40% poison res. turns them into a perfect item for specific situations

+ got one green helm from epic medusa fighter with 2x +20% posion res. as well, ill post screeenshots when im back from work

Wow! Congrats!

For those who are high level, there are a number of legendary unique combos which should solve the poison resistance problem easily, and still provide great stats. One such is Ajax's Bronze Tower (which sports about 30-40% poison AND pierce resist) and every warrior's favourite heels, Athena's Battle Greaves (almost 60% poison resist).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast