Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Experimental Diviner build

Experimental Diviner build

Hello everyone,

I am currently going for a build inspired from diablo II's necro.
    However, I need advice on some stuff;

Firstly, the idea of the build is to have -100% recharge time. This has its reasons:
    - Always have the Outsider out
    - Being able to chain-cast Distort Reality to stun the ennemies, eventually chain life-leach... not sure about life leach though.
    - Being able to cast Enslave Spirit all the time, therefore being able to have a huge army of minions.

Now as I said, it is experimental, not sure how this is going to work out... In any case, here are the questions:

1. Does life leach do enough damage in epic and more importantly in legendary to be worth it? Or is it useless apart from being able to heal yourself?
    2. Is there a limit to how many ennemies you can "enslave"?
    3. Is the Liche's skill arcane blast at all worth it? or should i only put 1 point in it?
    4. How many points should I invest into the Outsider for it to be worth it (if he's going to be hammering all the time).
    5. Would Trance of Empathy be best for this build?
    6. Is Deathchill aura and its synergies worth putting points into at all, since i'm a caster?
    7. Unearthy Power affects all party members right?
    8. Does intelligence increase life leach damage or just elemental damage?
    9. Any suggestions? Here's the build I was thinking about (but as I said, I don't know the answers to the above questions, please advise me on what to change and if this will work):

TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Diviner

Notes: if Life Leach isn't worth it damage-wise in epic or legendary, then I was thinking in respeccing in either max Distort Reality or get Ternion. Same applies to Deathchill aura if it blows...

Thanks for your inputs, right now my character totally sucks because of the recharge, hopefully not for much longer.

Re: Experimental Diviner build

Quote Originally Posted by Divinos View Post
    1. Does life leach do enough damage in epic and more importantly in legendary to be worth it? Or is it useless apart from being able to heal yourself?
    imo useless, I stopped using it in normal Egypt because of its uselessness

2. Is there a limit to how many ennemies you can "enslave"?
    no idea

3. Is the Liche's skill arcane blast at all worth it? or should i only put 1 point in it?
    you should not get it at all

4. How many points should I invest into the Outsider for it to be worth it (if he's going to be hammering all the time).
    as many as you can afford

5. Would Trance of Empathy be best for this build?
    I would go with Trance of Convalescence, but you should try both and see which one you prefer, nothing wrong with respeccing

6. Is Deathchill aura and its synergies worth putting points into at all, since i'm a caster?
    no, the area is just too small, it might help later when mobs manage to charge you, but will be of limited use in any case

don't know

8. Does intelligence increase life leach damage or just elemental damage?
    just elemental, no stat boosts life leech, which is also why it gets too weak

Thanks for your inputs, right now my character totally sucks because of the recharge, hopefully not for much longer.
    do you have all the -recharge items you need ? otherwise you won't treach the -100% recharge from the items you find. Level 74 is steep, better aim for level 70, you do not reach it either, but at least with 70 you probably get the skill points from the quest rewards.

Alright, so drop life leach, drop Death Chill Aura + synergies. For this build I now realize that I could have gone melee, would've worked too... Crap...

So, if the DC Aura sucks, and Life Leach is useless, here is the new build:

TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Diviner

I'd like to have a couple more opinions on the aura and the life leach though... And any other suggestions about the build. Maybe I should restart and make him melee, have the Aura and PS...

itīs easy: go melee you will take benefit from deathchill aura and thanks its necrosis synergy the life drain skill wil be boosted a bit as well

Quote Originally Posted by Divinos View Post
    YEAH

Life Leech is completely useless even in Act III Normal and never regains usefulness, even with a lot of +life leech items I don't really see it being useful enough to bother.
    The aura is very very strong for melee fighters and very very useless for casters

Necrosis + Trance of Wrath = Life Drain v 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Viper_Sweden View Post
    Necrosis + Trance of Wrath = Life Drain v 2.0

Shouldn't your equation look more like:

Necrosis + Trance of Wrath + Attack damage converted to health = Life Drain v2.0?

You need some way to drain life if you expect necrosis and ToW to assist you.

Life Drain is a skill (in Spirit) that does Vitality damage and Attack damage converted to health. When boosted by Necrosis and Trance of Wrath it becomes about 1359871 times stronger, hence the Life Drain v 2.0...

I've never used the Life Drain skill on any of my spirit characters. I didn't realize what exactly it did; but necrosis and ToW will also increase any vitality-based damage dealt with a weapon.

I stand corrected.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast