Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: defense to strong :)?

defense to strong :)?

hey guys,

Im a templar. I started first with dream which i thought i rocked just it needed more meelee def and dps since i didnt plan to play a caster and loved my conqueror.

So i tried spirit and thought it sucked. It doesnt fit meelee at all to my taste and the skills arent all that either i thought. I tried the lich and he sucked also in normal mode (though now my nightmare suddenly rocks for tanking in epic mode on hero's and bosses at only rank 5 lol. So im guessing lich will rock even more coz of the damage but ok.)

So i figured i'd give defense a try. My conqueror was dual wield so never tried shield.
    I also remember my conqueror really needed the best gear possible, specially % damage to healh gear, to jump in and survive. He rocked damage wise and made me think often like .. WOAH the dps is nuts !

Anyway so now i put points in defense and using shield skills...
    In act 1 i found a legendary chest piece which is really good and a 200+ damage really good mace plus 2 blues i wear.

Now whats making me wonder about defense since im lvl 38 and in act1 of epic mode. Since i got defense i kill mobs so rediculously easy i hardly use any dream spells, though ofcourse i do use trance of wrath, and only use dream spells as panik buttons.

Any boss mob i come across i just stand in front of 'm, cast some dream spells and meelee 'm to death. Sure i gotta take a potion or 2 but thats about it.
    Whats the big mechanic guy name again ? Taros or Tanos. Well i remember with my conqueror i had numorous deaths and had to run around him and such and take a bit of hp of slowly till he dropped dead.
    With my templar i just totally ignore running around, stand in front of him and whack him to death while he hits me with his lightning skills etc. Yes i had lightning resist maxed but im sure i had the same on my qonqueror.

The first telkine the same. went down faster the he could summon his first group of adds lol.

Did i just get to lucky with drops ( i didnt twink anything except 1 blue ring i could wear since lvl 34 which i transfered from my conqueror that has a ****load of legendary items) or did they nerf alot of bosses ?
    Last time i played was over a year ago , with my conqueror.

Or did that defiler mod screw things up and made bosses etc easier ? I only changed the masteries with it coz i hate not being able to try a mastery and see if it fits my char and not being able to change it to another one.

I think im lvl 41 now and starting act2 and plannign to just do the important quests and skip the rest so maybe the lvl difference later, between me and mobs, will make things a bit harder for me.

I know act 1 and 2 are usually alot easier then 3 and 4 but the bosses and hero's go down way to easily compared to with my conqueror.

Btw my dps is 1468 now, i farmed a great lvl 38 shield from telkine. 4 runs and 931 damage a hit on average. 1k armour and 282 OA and 408 DA.
    Most normal mobs in act 2 drop in 2 hits max.

Re: defense to strong :)?

Defense gives you dual wielding (shield being the second weapon) without making your char soft as butter like normal dual wielding does.
    Quite the contrary , defenders can all be strong tanks.
    So it's pretty strong.

However I guess your good experience with that templar has to do with your dps.
    It is pretty high for that point in the game.

PS ; IMO a shield conqueror is much stronger than a dual wielding one.
    Quite similar offensively , worlds apart defensively.

yeah im not sure where it suddenly comes from that im so strong. Though the early drop of the legendary schest piece helps but that 208 dps legendary 1 hand mace i got also really upped my dps like crazy.

Kinda sux that early drops can ruin your game kinda .

When i was spirit/dream it was still a fun challenge but somehow since i changed to defense/dream it all became very easy. The dps from meelee really makes a huge difference.

I really havent maxed anything except the dream skill Trance of wrath. The rest only has a few points in it. My tank skills also mostly just have 1 point in it. Only the dps passives in both trees i tried maxing or close to it.

But how come the bosses got so easy. they seem to be alot easier then they were on my conqueror. Its like they got nerfed.

I remember bosses like tanos insta killed my conqueror alot while with my templar i can just stand there and take the damage and drink a potion.
    Unless i have way more hp then my conq at this lvl. No idea, its 4500-4900 something.

Even the taurus boss before the first telkine i could just stand and tank lol.
    With my conqueror i had to be really careful and chuk away tons of potions coz he hits like a truck.

Anyway im running through the campain now on my way to chapter 3 , maybe ill skip that too and start at 4. Will see. Hoping higher lvl mobs will make a challenge. Otherwise ill just run through 4 also and start legendary at low lvl. im 42 now.

Talos!!!

ah yeah. I just killed chimera took like 10-15 sec didnt have to move away from anything just stand there whacking.

I really have a feeling something's wrong with the bosses in my game. Shouldnt his fire breath do alot of damage to me ? i got like 49% fire resist.

I saw him use his electrical stomp once. It left my nightmare rank 5 pet with 20% hp ?? I thought that attack did thousands of damage lol.

Btw how come my rank 5 nightmare pet can keep agro on most bosses in epic ? So far the only guy he died to was the bull boss before the first telkine.

I've found that all of my Templar characters tested in the past have had an unfortunately low amount of Offensive Ability. This makes hitting hard.

ah well i uninstalled the game hehe. I got to bored having to run through chapter after chapter just to get to the hard challening part.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Any boss mob i come across i just stand in front of 'm, cast some dream spells and meelee 'm to death. Sure i gotta take a potion or 2 but thats about it.
    Whats the big mechanic guy name again ? Taros or Tanos. Well i remember with my conqueror i had numorous deaths and had to run around him and such and take a bit of hp of slowly till he dropped dead.
    With my templar i just totally ignore running around, stand in front of him and whack him to death while he hits me with his lightning skills etc. Yes i had lightning resist maxed but im sure i had the same on my qonqueror.
    That is becoz you dual wielded your conqueror. Conqueror is just as good as templar when wearing a shield and much better surviving tough fights. One on one (against one boss) you really can't see the difference who's better between the two or any other good build out there. But fighting against 3 bosses at once will separate the "men" from the "boys".
    A fully twinked conqueror can tank all 3x bosses in the game except Barmanu. Of course, w/ the help of potions and very skillful gameplay. Similarly twinked templar will be torn apart by more bosses.

If you feel bored fighting them one on one, try fighting using XMAX mod.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    ah well i uninstalled the game hehe. I got to bored having to run through chapter after chapter just to get to the hard challening part.
    Couldn't wait for Legendary, hmm?

oh no i ran from chapter 1 through 2, till halfway 3 (so no killing just the important skill attribute quests and then continue running) but it was boring as hell to do so and so decided to modify my char and start in legendary for a challenge. Then my money was all gone lol. So i figured what the hell half the fun is gone already anyway.

I wanted the game to be a challenge and good fun while building up my char and such but as it was even the last few mobs (i tried the last portal i enabled) in ac4 went down in 2 hits.

Problem with titan quest is act 1 and 2 are fun but simply to easy. Then with defense as the main build and a few early lucky legendary and blue drops in act1 and the rest of the game is a breeze and pure slaughter. Even bosses were easy as pie in epic. I remember it being a big challenge for my conqueror way back.

I had way more fun the first time i played Titanquest over a year ago when i made my conqueror. I was addicted then to farming typhon etc and getting loads and loads of legendary items. I need them to progress and still act3 legendary was hard as a conqueror. That was fun and a challenge.
    Now it simply wasnt a challenge at all and then if legendary turned out to be to easy again in act 1 and 2 and having to run thorugh that again well thats half the game gone before you even start to have fun.

So yeah decided to uninstall. Just seemed to much trouble for some fun. Playing some company of heroes again now .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast