Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: "Useless" Skills

"Useless" Skills

How many skills are there that are "useless", like Crushing Blow or Disarm Traps?

Re: "Useless" Skills

Hmm... I think that distortion field, circle of power, stone skin and the whole battle rage line are indeed some of the Top.

These are this skills I believe are useless, are simlpy underpowered making them a waste or I haven't figured it out how to take advantage of them

Earth:
    *Molten Rock: Damage is minimum, the point of Stone form is to save your life and buy you time, not to damage.
    *Heat Shield: Waste of skill points since only protects agains fire and the amount is small.
    *Flame Surge, Barrage and Flame Arch: Better put points into something that damages the enemy before reaching you than on this short range skill.

Storm:
    *Spell Breaker: Not all that effective. You can damage the potential victims of spell breaker with other skills more effectively without having to spend points on this one.

Hunting:
    *Monster Lure, Detonate: It just gets destroyed too fast. The time you spend laying the lures could be best used to deal some damage. Better use the points somewhere else.

Warfare:
    *Battle Rage: Worth 1 point.
    *Crushing Blow, Counter Attack: % of use within a % of use skill????

Nature:
    *Briar Ward, Stinging Nettle, Sanctuary: All attacks can be avoided by running around, so why spend points to try achieving to stand still inside the briar? What makes it worse is that with the most dangerous attacks, you actually want to MOVE!!! (The meteorite attacks).

I haven't played Spirit, Dream or Rouge yet.

Heat Shield: Waste of skill points since only protects agains fire and the amount is small
    Nope, 15% is total dmg (perhaps physical, not sure), flat number in fact goes for fire dmg. So it's nice to have, just 1 point.

*Spell Breaker: Not all that effective. You can damage the potential victims of spell breaker with other skills more effectively without having to spend points on this one.
    You don't include spell shock there do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigatron View Post
    Hmm... I think that distortion field, circle of power, stone skin and the whole battle rage line are indeed some of the Top.
    Distortion field is pretty nice in the beginnig for just a point or two... but more or less sucks...
    but more or less... yeah..

Quote Originally Posted by OoALEJOoO View Post

Earth:
    *Molten Rock: Damage is minimum, the point of Stone form is to save your life and buy you time, not to damage
    It adds two seconds to Stone Form. Definately worth a point.

*Heat Shield: Waste of skill points since only protects agains fire and the amount is small.
    Most awesomist granted skill of the game. It is dmg resistance as said before, but it can only be canceled by fire dmg. So if you have high fire resistances then it will actually stay up for a while. Its really nice for a melee toon
    *Flame Surge, Barrage and Flame Arch: Better put points into something that damages the enemy before reaching you than on this short range skill.
    pretty much...
    Storm:
    It's not about dmg. It's about skill disruption. Skill disruption is huge!

Hunting:
    *Monster Lure, Detonate: It just gets destroyed too fast. The time you spend laying the lures could be best used to deal some damage. Better use the points somewhere else.
    Most people have a hard time getting the ML to detonate. In legendary maxed, it's almost invincible. Back in 1.15 this skill was wicked sweet. It drew every monster to it better than a bug zapper. The damage was just never really there. The skill still sucks, but not for your reasons.
    Warfare:
    *Battle Rage: Worth 1 point.
    *Crushing Blow, Counter Attack: % of use within a % of use skill????
    yeah weak sauce, it totally should have been a super high percentage.
    Nature:
    *Briar Ward, Stinging Nettle, Sanctuary: All attacks can be avoided by running around, so why spend points to try achieving to stand still inside the briar? What makes it worse is that with the most dangerous attacks, you actually want to MOVE!!! (The meteorite attacks).
    Maybe they wanted to have a different playing style. PVP I hear this is really good. but I agree.

I would add skills that I just won't use, but most of them are probably debatable.

Spirit: Circle of Power...The other anti-undead stuff has its uses, but this one just...Eh?
    Nature: The whole Briar Ward line, like mentioned before
    Rogue: Flash powder..Maybe not useless, never tried it, but it seems like a poor man's Squall to me.
    Earth: Molten Rock...OK, 2 seconds extra so yes, worth the point, but other tha nthat ,the actual skill itself is useless. Next to no damage at a time when you don't need it.
    Warfare: Triumph because it's bugged to hell and back, apparently :-P
    Dream: Distortion Field comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble181 View Post
    Rogue: Flash powder..Maybe not useless, never tried it, but it seems like a poor man's Squall to me.
    Flash Powder isn't useless. It's actually very handy for situations when you find yourself surrounded. You push one button and suddenly most of the scary things around you are confused and/or fumbling for several seconds.

even a poor mans squall is awesome. if you want to say rogue, say poison gas bomb!

skills almost never taken i can think of:

hunting: take down, ensnare line
    warfare: crushing blow, counter attack, doom horn
    storm: freezing blast, energy shield line
    defense:none really but modern builds usually dont use shield smash and disable anymore
    rogue: poison gas bomb line, open wound, anatomy, lucky strike
    spirit: spirit bane, circle of power, life drain line
    nature: briar ward and probably the regrowth line.
    dream: distortion field

Quote Originally Posted by Felexitus View Post
    defense:none really but modern builds usually dont use shield smash and disable anymore
    Hi,

Why the hack?

These are ones I found useless:

Spirit: Circle of Power
    Nature: Briar Ward line
    Rogue: Lucky Hit, Disarm Traps
    Hunting: Barbed Netting, Eviscerate, Gouge
    Storm: Freezing Blast, Energy Shield line
    Earth: Stone Skin
    Warfare: Counter Attack, bugged Triumph

..talking about single-classes. Not builds.

Aside from those already mentionned, I'll add

Earth: Stoneskin, Wildfire

Nature: Maul

Spirit: Arcane Blast

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast