My champion discovered something really awesome last night while doing legendary Typhon runs.
We all know wolves on legendary are awesome. It just gets better when they start aggroing Typhon. and I really mean aggro Typhon to the point he ignores my champion.
My strategy is this:
Main Ingredient: 3 level 20 wolves on Aggressive mode.
- Plague + synergies
- Seal of Hephaestus ring.
On way up to Typhon, I cast Heat Shield on the wolves. Not sure if it makes a difference, I guess it does since 15% damage resistance is not to be laughed at. Though, you can see in my pics below the wolves' shields have worn off.
1. Set all pets on Aggressive
2. Run up to Typhon platform
3. Turn right, touch Shrine of Mastery
4. Run to lower left quadrant of platform. IMPORTANT: keep a fair distance from Typhon to prevent him from melee-targetting you. Avoid Typhon's breath attacks, drop a Battle Standard.
5. Here's the amazing thing. By this time, Typhon has decided the wolves are annoying and starts to melee one of them. (Also, while I am running to one side in step 4, the wolves will begin engaging Typhon anyway). I run to Typhon's back, plague him, and kill him. No danger whatsoever to my champion.
By the end of the battle, the wolves are almost always still alive.
Pics for proof - all from different runs:
BLUE ARROW = me. RED ARROW = wolf:
You can see my Onslaught aura behind Typhon:
Typhon completely ignores me. The Plague cloud is between his legs, looks kinda funny but works wonders.
EDIT: added an important point, step 4.