Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strong area damage spell?

Strong area damage spell?

What is the best spell for area damage in the storm mastery?

Re: Strong area damage spell?

Probibly lightning-bolt + chain-lightning (if you can have 'add-skills')

With the right equipment, Squall and its line can be pretty destructive, if u got alot of +elemental or lightning damage gears.

Max Squall/Obscured Visibility, Chain Lightning and Static Charge.

Squall a group of foes, wait a second and apply Chain Lightning...

Concerning AOE's: Storm Surge, has anyone had problems with this skill activating?

I have a few points in it - only 2 so far - and I've never seen it triggered (had it for at least 5-7 levels so far). I assume this is the same AOE that hitting the white tigerman mages produces, that lightning bloom effect and momentary stun.

Maybe one need to invest a lot more points in it to get the awesome graphics? Perhaps it's going off and I am unaware of it . . . .

Well, given your builds, it should be the Oracle who has Storm Surge. Storm Surge can only get triggered if you get hit. As a mage tries to avoid being hit, the chance of Storm Surge actually being triggered should be reduced somewhat.

So as long as you get hit very infrequently, this would explain why it does not trigger.

Hi,

Definitely Ice Shards or Chain Lightning. I prefer Ice Shards though. :]

I saw a Typhoon rush using Ice Shards but I dunno how he managed to shoot so many projectiles at once. Anyway I have no points on Ice Shard and just took all my points off the Electrical ball thing and put some on Lightning Bolt although I dont have the upgrade yet.

You seem to all be saying max squall...? I have no points on it but what is it that is so effective about it?

Quote Originally Posted by SPiRiTX View Post
    I saw a Typhoon rush using Ice Shards but I dunno how he managed to shoot so many projectiles at once. Anyway I have no points on Ice Shard and just took all my points off the Electrical ball thing and put some on Lightning Bolt although I dont have the upgrade yet.
    Ice Shards are multiple projectiles to begin with. Do you know when that video was made ? If it was pre 1.20, forget about it, Typhon now is much tougher.

Imo Ice Shards are a waste of skill points, they are ok in normal (I guess, never used them there), but in legendary they deal no more damage than my staff does all by itself and use up a ton on mana.

You seem to all be saying max squall...? I have no points on it but what is it that is so effective about it?
    Everything it definitely is in the top 5 of the best skills in all of TQ/IT.

In normal its damage is sufficient to kill pretty much every mob all by itself (not immediately, but before it runs out at least), later the -resistance and the inability of casters and archers to hit you are heaven sent (and the damage is just an added bonus to that).

My Oracle uses Squall and Thunderball (and Ternion), I do have Lightning but I almost never use it (Toxeus is the only one I use it on actually).

Imo Ice Shards are a waste of skill points, they are ok in normal (I guess, never used them there), but in legendary they deal no more damage than my staff does all by itself and use up a ton on mana
    Woot, my first ever character was an "Elementalist" and I solely went through the entire game on Ice Shards and yet I managed with whatever gear I found from normal right through to completing legendary in vanilla TQ.

I died some 70 times from normal > legendary and all on substandard "whatever" dropped equipment.

"Mamba" however, has a good point, being that they are not an ideal setup to rely upon, but still it's doable. But "DO NOT" attempt to rely on them in ACT IV within "IT" on legendary, as it really has little/no effect from thereonin and you "WILL" get owned attempting to use that skill "buffed or otherwise" on them.

Regards,

Incinerate.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast