Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Tips and advice for newbies

Traveler
    Quote Originally Posted by Medea Fleecestealer View Post
    It's harder because it's difficult to put attribute points into strength, dexterity and intelligence and still have a viable character by the end of Legendary. It's recommended to decide how you want to play a hybrid character like a Battlemage. You either go for the physical side putting points into strength and dexterity, ignoring intelligence entirely except for what you get for maxing Earth mastery or you go for elemental damage, in which case you put most points into intelligence and dexterity with only enough into strength to be able to equip the melee weapons/gear you want to use.
    Very well said Medea Fleecestealer! This proves you are among the top players in titan quest!

Now say you are doing an int based character, and anyone feel free to comment on this!! What stats, skills, gear, and the whole build basicially I'm asking for any int or caster based build???

Olympian God Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zking View Post
    Very well said Medea Fleecestealer! This proves you are among the top players in titan quest!

Now say you are doing an int based character, and anyone feel free to comment on this!! What stats, skills, gear, and the whole build basicially I'm asking for any int or caster based build???
    Doesn't stop me from trying stupid things though. Yes, you guessed it, I've recently started a Battlemage who's using strength, intel and dex. I've read the advice, but I just want to try it and see anyway. She's using a staff and melee weapon both. She'll probably end up dying too much, but what the heck I just want to give it a go.

Traveler
    Quote Originally Posted by Medea Fleecestealer View Post
    Doesn't stop me from trying stupid things though. Yes, you guessed it, I've recently started a Battlemage who's using strength, intel and dex. I've read the advice, but I just want to try it and see anyway. She's using a staff and melee weapon both. She'll probably end up dying too much, but what the heck I just want to give it a go.
    To me personally, deaths no longer matter, I just go for beating legendary with any character I try. I really want to try an int based caster though; and I am afraid I won't have a clue about that. So I'm hesitant about that; maybe I will just make more melee and hunting builds of various types lol.

Olympian God Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
    No, deaths have never worried me particularly either. Of course I've gotten frustrated with a toon because of a bad build and deleted it, but once I learned more about the game I never mind the occasional death. It's usually because I've done something stupid in-game anyway, so I curse myself and carry on. I'm not one of those people who see a death as complete failure and delete their toon because of it. I see my death count as a way to show how well or otherwise I'm playing. My Conquerors both clocked up around 50 deaths by end of Legendary, but then they didn't have the sort of gear to use that I have in my Vault now and can call on. My Magician finished with 33 and my Bone Charmer with 27. The best I've ever done is 10. So if I can improve on those scores then I'm playing well and that's all that matters.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011