Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did i screw up ??

Did i screw up ??

I just began to play a few days ago with two of my mates, we always play together so i thougt we might need a healer. But after some research i found out that healers isnt that usefull. So i went for Hunting as a main mastery.

In the middel of act one i found out that i was wrong, healers were kinda usefull in a 3 man party - so i picked Nature as a second mastery.

So first question.
    -Is hunter and nature, ranger. a good combination ??

Now im lvl 18 and i have alredy spent som points in my skilltrees.

I started off with improving my bow and spear skill to max (Bottom right in the hunter tree) - After that i maxed Marksmanship.
    Siens i was in a party i thougt that Call of the wild whould be fun siens i was the "suporter" so i maxed that aswell.

Now i was aiming for the pirceing arrows so i could do more damage, and thats were i am at the moment in my hunting tree.

But as i said, i picked nature aswell so i could heal my mates (stormcaller, warrior)

So i began to put some points in Regrowth. The idea of haveing pets and summons was also intresting so did put som points in summon wolf aswell. And now i kinda mix my new points with regrowth and summon wolf and at the same time i skill my hunting tree with pirceing arrows.

Edit : i think this is how i have speced so far
    - TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Ranger

This is how i played my character so far, but my question is.
    -Am i messing everything up?
    -Is this a good combo?
    And if it is am i wasteing my points?

The reason why i ask this is that i really cant make the same damage with my bow as my mates do with thier spells and swords and people keeps telling me healers aint that usefull, at the moment im really just saveing my mates some money by healing them and makeing some damage.

What shall i do? Reset my points at the mystic or shall i just go for it an continue play it my way?

Please help me

/// Rent - lvl 18 Ranger

Re: Did i screw up ??

I am no guru, you may want to invest some points in Art of the Hunt, I keep it on all the time, it does use energy reserve so it may affect how often you can heal your friends, I believe the +% damage goes for all foes (not just beastmen). Always keep an eye out for the best bow and try to use a completed charm or relic to give it more damage.

Also try to get a point in Exploit Weakness when you can, it will give %58 pierce/bleeding damage since you got so many early points invested in call of the hunt.

Just by putting 1 point in Exploit Weakness and 1 point in Art of the Hunt when you enable Call of the Hunt you will have +70% pierce damage and +73% bleeding damage. Not to mention you friends will love the extra damage, maybe take down foes faster and require less healing.

Hey now wait until your mates see you with a few points in Scattershot arrows and volley. IMHO that's what you should be aiming for at the end of the Orient. And if you find the Turqoise bow that adds 2 to scattershot, you won't have to put much in it to take out several oppponents at once. Get an add skills charm for Hunting too. Just look at what the fragments do as you go up, check the calculator. Then a couple in Volley. You will be beating them on mob take downs. And 1 in Take Down can be devastating if you find a good spear, have Call of the Hunt on, you will do one huge piercing attack.

As far as Call of the Hunt, I've read that the recharge is a little slow but for specific battles it is probably good. I assume here that your team will actually benefit but I only thought it applied to pets. My ranger only has one point in it so I might be wrong. But depending on how enemies scale in MP (never played) you might want to consider specing out except for 2 and go up the Arrow tree as soon as you can. But you will have enough points to be there by Orient I think so may not matter.

Also, maybe look into Heart of Oak instead of Regrowth. I don't think Regrowth scales for later difficulties so potions are really easier to use. But Heart of Oak will benefit you and your team and your pets. Anyway, nothing lost here, plenty of room to go. However, you don't have to be just support you have good build coming up. Agreed also on the point for Art of the Hunt.

Ranger was the first character I made. And although it is slow to start it really shines later.

* Buy back the 4 points from Regrowth.
    * Buy back the 4 points from Wolves (pets are not great during acts 3 and, if you have IT, 4 in Normal plus you have other players to tank so wait until Epic for them).
    * Increase Nature mastery to level 4 and get HotO. The increased life will help your entire party.
    * Put 3 points in Art of the Hunt. You should always have this skill on.
    * Put a point in Study Prey. This is one of the best skills in the game. It has to be targeted and cast and has a short cooldown period but is well worth it. Use it on every tough monster.

As hacknslash said, wait until you get Scatter Shot and Volley. They change everything. Suddenly you will be sailing through groups.

Good luck!!

Thanks for the info guys.

Im stil new so i really dont know the name of all the skills so i cant say more at the moment but i will have a look into it.

But i stil have a gut fealing i want the regrowth skill, sometimes the warrior runs in to a group (he's the tank obivusly) and gets two shoted, and thats when my heal is truly a life savior. Or am i completly wrong ?

And by the way i unlearned the wolf skill, just a waste of mana in my opinion after i tryed it ...

And one more question, is scatter shot a passive skill and if so does it stack with pirceing arrows ??

Scatter Shot is used on every arrow you shoot, just like Puncture Shot...

The problem with regrowth is that you need to use valuable skill points to make it at all useful. Not only do you need to pump it high enough to make a difference but you either need -recharge or to pump the synergy (can't remember the name) to give it -recharge. Otherwise they'll just 3 shot instead of 2 shot them. Secondly while you are monitoring your party's health and healing them you aren't fighting. A ranger is much more useful doing damage.

If the warrior is having a problem surviving then they need to work on their build, gear or strategy.

Well i tryed Scatter shot and volley after some reaaally expensive respec and what can i say .. i own

Guess i have to trust you all and skip the healing at all, guess im all out damage from now on

Hi again guys, sorry to be a pain in the arse but i need some more help. Finally i have begun to own with my ranger, i maxed the hunter tree to get Scatter shot and volley but now i really dont know what to spec.

I got alot of unspent points because i dont know what to do with them, i am lvl 32 at the moment. Can some one give me a link to a talet calculator page for maybe lvl 40 - ranger please ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast