Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Problem with TQ Vault

Problem with TQ Vault

I used TQ vault for the first time the other night with no problems. Today I used it to move some items off my character, and I couldn't load the TQ Monitor before booting up TQ. It gives me this message:

"Error starting Titan Quest.
    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx (ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
    at System.Diagnostics.Process. Start()
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
    at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName)
    at TQVaultMon.Form1.bTitanQuest_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)"

I booted up TQ anyways thinking it may not matter, and I was wrong! dur! My character is now invisible and I can not load my char into an epic game (didn't try normal). Anybody know a fix for both my character and TQ Vault?

Re: Problem with TQ Vault

Track down TQ Defiler, and use the "fix my character" button (or something along those lines). That did the charm for me when I had that same issue.

Good luck!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dave in the basement View Post
    Track down TQ Defiler, and use the "fix my character" button (or something along those lines). That did the charm for me when I had that same issue.

Good luck!

Dave
    I downloaded it but i do not see a "fix my character" button. I've read that sometimes people only need to hit the "Patch Game" button, but it is never highlighted for me to use it. I don't know why

Are you using the latest version of TQVault, it's up to 2.11? Are you using regular TQ or Immortal Throne?

TQVault 2.11 -- Titan Quest: Immortal Throne Vault

Quote Originally Posted by Yusuke View Post
    Are you using the latest version of TQVault, it's up to 2.11? Are you using regular TQ or Immortal Throne?

TQVault 2.11 -- Titan Quest: Immortal Throne Vault
    Yes, i am using TQVault 2.11. I am using regular TQ.

Hmmm, do ya have .net framework installed, i ain't sure what version it needs, but 2.0 should be good.
    Download details: .NET Compact Framework 2.0 SP1 Redistributable
    or ya can get 3.0, they are backwards compatible, so might be better to get 3.0
    Download details: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Redistributable Package

The Defiler/Portable don't use the .NET framework, so no need to install that (except for the Vault)...to use the 'Patch Game', run Titan Quest to the main menu, do not select anything. Press alt+tab and run the Defiler, click the button and close the Defiler, go back to the game and load the character(s).

P.S. 'Fix Me' was removed as it didn't really have an advantage over 'Patch Game', it did about the same thing, and caused more confusion than it was worth.
    Author of the TQ Defiler.NET. Get more information here or email me!
    Newest version of TQ Defiler is 1.3.9 released 6-29-14!

Click here for the GD Defiler official thread (includes download - Titan Quest compatible)!

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSeekkor View Post
    The Defiler/Portable don't use the .NET framework, so no need to install that (except for the Vault)...to use the 'Patch Game', run Titan Quest to the main menu, do not select anything. Press alt+tab and run the Defiler, click the button and close the Defiler, go back to the game and load the character(s).

P.S. 'Fix Me' was removed as it didn't really have an advantage over 'Patch Game', it did about the same thing, and caused more confusion than it was worth.
    Excellent! Thank you, this worked. My character is back and perfectly normal. I'm still not sure how to fix the TQ Vault program though.

Do ya have atleast 2.0 of .net framework?

to fix tqvault: when tqvaultmon opens, just leave the window alone and go start TQ using your normal TQ shortcut. The "Start TQ" button inside vaultmon is broken at the moment. When you start TQ via your normal shortcut, tqvaultmon will still find it and do what it needs to do.