Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: extra skills, attributes

extra skills, attributes

my question is how many extra skills, attributes, +dmg + health etc u should have after completing all 3 dificulty steps doing all the secondary quests and ofcourse from the main quest.The name of the quests and place where it cant be found would be appreciated
    btw, what quests must u complete to get all 3 inventory bags

Thx in addvance for those who spare theyr time to answer this

Re: extra skills, attributes

Since I don't know the answer to the main question, I'll just point out that the inventory bags aren't granted through completing side quests. Those are main quest rewards. As long as you follow the main quest, you will get those bags.

i see, i know that the bags are given in normal mode in the first 3 zones: greece, egypt and orient but dont remember in what town u must do the main quest for them. Im asking this becouse i rush low lvl players through the game doing only bossez in each zone, so they skip the main quest.

Act 1
    Kill Nessus, get 1 skill point. He is in the area after the second portal.
    You get some +health points doing the spider cave near the third portal.
    Kill the giant spider, and pick up the branch. Take it to the next town after the spider, and you recieve a bonus to some resistance.
    "Chiron's Bow" quest gives you +2 attribute points.
    I think you get your first extra bag in the town where the third portal is.

Act 2
    Kill the scorpion in a cave some way after you have killed the giant scarab, +2 skill points. The quest is called "A beast of legend".
    +2 attribute points from obtaining the eye and the staff. Can't miss it.
    +2 skill points from doing the telkine, and getting the tablet. Can't miss it.
    You get you second extra bag in the first town, if I remember correctly.

Act 3
    Inventory bag, talk to the wounded character after killing chimera.
    2 attribute points, kill the mage in Chang'An.

Act 4
    Lampido's potion. You get it in Medea's grove. +80/150/200 health, +6/8/10 str
    +2 skill points for retrieving the ash of a Titan.
    "Stygian lurker", Kill the beast for +4/6/8 str, 4/6/8 dex, 4/6/8 int. The quest is bugged though without 1.16 fan patch, and you'll lose the bonuses. The beast is located in the swampy areas after Charon.
    "Three generals" Inside Hades' palce. +5% total damage. DPS meter might not show it, but THIS ONE WORKS 100%.

thank u, that helped a lot

Also Dust of a Titan gets you +2 to skill points.

Act 4
    Lampidos' potion. You get it in Medea's grove. +health, +str

"Stygian lurker", Kill the beast for +4/6/8 str, 4/6/8 dex, 4/6/8 int. The quest is bugged though, and you'll lose the bonuses. The beast is located in the swampy areas after Charon.

"Three generals" Inside Hades' palce. +5% total damage. I think you only get it once, so it's a bit bugged.

Hey guys, can I double-check regarding the bugged quests.... Am i correct that as of IT 1.10,

Lampidos' Potion life/str reward is NOT bugged.

Stygian Lurker stat bonus reward IS bugged

Three Generals +5% total damage IS bugged.

Dust of a Titan +skills reward is NOT bugged.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I just want to know which reward I should not claim until IL fixes it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Poinas View Post
    I hope I didn't forget anything. I feel like I missed one +2 skill points quest..
    Quote Originally Posted by Infares
    Ah, that's it. For the life of me, I couldn't remembert that one. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Minervian
    1° Lampidos' Potion life/str reward is NOT bugged.

2° Stygian Lurker stat bonus reward IS bugged

3°Three Generals +5% total damage IS bugged.

4°Dust of a Titan +skills reward is NOT bugged.
    1° Correct

2° Correct

3° I'm 85% sure I got a permanent 5% increase for my character, but only once. So I got it in normal, it did not disappear. Then I did it again in epic, and lost the epic bonus upon restarting.

4° Correct.

I would think that the devs implement a code in the next patch that checks if you have already completed these quests, and rewards you accordingly. I, for one, will complete these quests even if you lose the bonuses. I have faith in the developers.

Though I understand if you want to skip the quests. Better safe than sorry.

OT: Which is correct, bonuses or boni?

I was the one who first reported the threads on the "Stygian Lurker" and "Hade's Generals" threads and have done some major testing on many chars on a dummy PC to test it all completely.

The Stygian Lurker quest certaintly does reward you the said attributes only until you log out and then they are lost, this is the case 100% of the time on all difficulties.

The Hades Generals quest is likewise the same on all difficulties and different characters, both with/without dmg aura skills and/or items increasing dmg%, regardless of melee/caster based classes. But "Poinas" suggested he may he recieved 5% once, but for my own internal testing, this has not never been the case.

Lampido's Potion always applies/works period.

Regards,

Incinerate

Quote Originally Posted by Incinerate View Post
    The Hades Generals quest is likewise the same on all difficulties and different characters, both with/without dmg aura skills and/or items increasing dmg%, regardless of melee/caster based classes. But "Poinas" suggested he may he recieved 5% once, but for my own internal testing, this has not never been the case.

Lampido's Potion always applies/works period.

Regards,

Incinerate
    The Generals quest worked correctly for me in Normal, but not in Epic.

The potion quest seemed to work immediately after I finished the quest, but then bugged out when I got to later difficulties. Or maybe my math is wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast