Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Haruspex build

Haruspex build

Here comes my haruspex build which has been a great success so far, and ppl has been asking for the build as well. So adhering to the crowds urge, here it comes =)

My haruspex is currently at lvl 65, soon 66 =)

Here`s a linky for my equipment and base dmg with no buffs:

clicky

Linky for all buffs on:

clicky

Linky for Hunting skills:

clicky

Linky for Deam skills:

clicky

Linky for Offensive/defensive Ability and secondary resist with buffs on

clicky

What i do in combat:

Usually study prey, phantom strike and poke each and every enemy down. Considering my dps, it should go easy and fast. If its a more hairy situation like a mass mobb, I add Distort Reality after the phantom strike attack for crowd control.
    The Nightmare has it uses for crowd control, and a nice diversion when you dont want to get hit.

Skills

Primary skills

Art of the Hunt +synergy

Max them out when you get the chance. Its what keeps you alive and moving.

Wood Lore

Same as Art of the Hunt. Max it. It keeps you alive.

Study Prey + synergy

This is your prime killer. Max it when you get chance.

Trance of Wrath

Great trance for added dmg, and most important: Reduced overall res! Max!

Psionic Touch + synergy

Your main attack. 96% more dmg when maxed is great!

Phantom strike+ synergy

Ever wanted to play Neo and kick a whole mobb in a shot? Here`s your chance! This is too your alpha strike boss killer. Max it and watch the enemies die swiftly.

Distort Reality +synergy

Crowd control, crowd control. You`re dead meat without it. Max out Temporal Rift and 1 point in Distort reality.

Secondary skills

Call of the hunt +synergy

More dmg and speed is nice. Worth adding to the Haruspex`s build.

Volley

3 thrust`s = more dmg. Lovely lovely lovly!

Nightmare

5 points in nightmare for the dreamsurge and max out the synergies. The master mind skill can be up to debate wheter or not to add more points in, but its a choice by preference.

Distortion Field

Less dmg recived= higher chance to live. Im going to max this one out as soon more points becomes availbe.

Lucid Dream +synergies

More dmg, more defense, more overall movement. All you need to improve your char. I would max this one out.

Well, thats all i have to say this far. Questions and comments are gladly accepted =)

Dev

edit: links and akward spelling mistakes
    update: new clicky!

Re: Haruspex build

Very nice character. I've been trying to decide between a Warden and Haruspex myself, and this is definitely interesting. I love the melee abilities in Dream but haven't found much use for them on my Evoker. I think this might just sway me to use Dream again...

Not having PS maxed and not having TR maxed is extremely questionable given that you have points in distortion field and flush out. CotH should also be maxxed before DF and FO.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazikarl View Post
    Not having PS maxed and not having TR maxed is extremely questionable given that you have points in distortion field and flush out. CotH should also be maxxed before DF and FO.
    First, I dont see the point in maxing PS as much. Im already dealing insane dmg (13k dps). Whats TR? Cant find the skill Same goes for DF and FO.

Dev

Distortion field (DF) is much much less useful than having a more damage on PS. FO is flush out, the synergy for Study Prey. Its taking away defensive ability, which is of questionable value since anything you hit with Study Prey is going to die super fast anyway. TR is Temporal Rift, the boost for Distort Reality. Its highly useful to max this for the added petrification.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazikarl View Post
    Distortion field (DF) is much much less useful than having a more damage on PS. FO is flush out, the synergy for Study Prey. Its taking away defensive ability, which is of questionable value since anything you hit with Study Prey is going to die super fast anyway. TR is Temporal Rift, the boost for Distort Reality. Its highly useful to max this for the added petrification.
    Thanks for the abbrevation translation =)

Distortion field i wish to prioritize because of the petrify. It keeps them still and hence supports crowd control. I dont give squat in dmg of DF, as long as they keep my hostiles soundly quiet.
    As for PS, I just mentioned that im giving adequat dmg. The haruspex is not just about giving insane dmg, but also about surviving.
    As for FO i find it useful for quicker kills. The faster they die, the higher chance they dont kill me. And TR im gonan max out next.

Dev

Distortion Field is the % proc that absorbs minimal damage for 15 seconds at a time.

Krazikarl: Flush Out increases the damage of Electric Burn damage of TR and PB. Between those and Lucid Dream coupled with 222% attack speed and Volley you can expect a Psionic Touch (one of your biggest damage dealers vs Bosses once you get it maxed) proc very very often. I don't know how to do the math on four normal hits in 1.6 seconds and 1 out of every 5 of those hits yielding 3 instead of 1, but that's pretty good for Psionic Touch. The whole thing about PT hitting once out of every four swings is an issue at 70% attack speed, it's not at 222%, trust me.

And, the Electrical Burn damage so buffed and with enemies debuffed is not as insignificant as it might seem.

Btw, what are your OA and DA values and your Avoid Projectiles rate?

Even if you have something ridiculous like 500% electrical damage, thats still less than 600 electrical damage from Psionic Burn (and its spread out over time and doesnt stack, which is surely a factor at high attack speeds so you are really goign to do much much less than the whole damage value), which is insignificant compared to your standard DPS on a Haruspex. And you spent 12 points on the FO and Psionic Burn. Thats a lot of points and gear for insignificant damage.

DR/TR does like 7x as much damage, which isnt completely insignificant even in legendary, but in my experience, its much easier to just hit them with your spear while they are petrified rather than going around really trying hard to boost that damage in legendary.

Eh, slapping a Study on a group of mobs and then Distorting when they reach you might mean you can just run off to the next group rather than having to dispatch each one with your spear, possibly even in legendary. Also, the EB damage from Distort was more what I was referring to, rather than that of Psionic Burn.

With Wrath and Study engaged, the EB from Psionic Burn is more "freebie" damage, and as you deal with multiple mobs, (say for instance, 8 mobs) it might make a couple of those mobs take 1 less hit to kill by the time you get around to them, so it's not a total waste.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast