Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: You're not gonna touch me!...looking for ideas.

You're not gonna touch me!...looking for ideas.

Hi there. While playing my little ranger (which is fun, although a little boring with just shooting and wolves) I started to think about the hunter that I played in World of Warcraft (yes, that evil game ). I could use my traps and ranged ability to keep things kited (keeping at ranged and dragging the monster along til dead for those that do not know what kiting is ). So I got to thinking that this seems like a pretty interesting and rather active playstyle in Titan Quest.

I would assume that a Brigand would be the best option for this type of build do that I could use Ensnare in conjunction with Poison gas bombs, lay trap and flash powder to keep damaging mobs and keep them off me at the same time while shooting the bow. Has any tried this out and taken it to Legendary? I am curious if it would actually work out. I know the kill time would probrably be slow on some mobs, but survivability seems like it would be great for an archer toon.

I have the Hunting part of it pretty good (I think ), but I have not used Rogue enough to know if any of the traps/bombs are that good or not.

TitanCalc by stonedonkey - A Titan Quest Calculator - Brigand

Any ideas and/or constructive criticism of this idea please post it. I think I am going to give this a go.

Re: You're not gonna touch me!...looking for ideas.

can't touch me...deng deng deng deng deng deng deng deng...can't touch me

Re: You're not gonna touch me!...looking for ideas.

Congrats Fox, that was most helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhykar View Post
    Hi there. While playing my little ranger (which is fun, although a little boring with just shooting and wolves) I started to think about the hunter that I played in World of Warcraft (yes, that evil game ). I could use my traps and ranged ability to keep things kited (keeping at ranged and dragging the monster along til dead for those that do not know what kiting is ). So I got to thinking that this seems like a pretty interesting and rather active playstyle in Titan Quest.

I would assume that a Brigand would be the best option for this type of build do that I could use Ensnare in conjunction with Poison gas bombs, lay trap and flash powder to keep damaging mobs and keep them off me at the same time while shooting the bow. Has any tried this out and taken it to Legendary? I am curious if it would actually work out. I know the kill time would probrably be slow on some mobs, but survivability seems like it would be great for an archer toon.

I have the Hunting part of it pretty good (I think ), but I have not used Rogue enough to know if any of the traps/bombs are that good or not.

Any ideas and/or constructive criticism of this idea please post it. I think I am going to give this a go.

Lose Flush Out. Minus defence ability doesn't help a bow user; bows always hit and never get criticals if I remember correctly.
    I've never used Ensnare but I've also never heard of anyone else using it, so presumably its not so good. Anyone tried this in Epic or Leg?

For Rogue skills max Nightshade and Mandrake. These will help greatly with crowd control. Max traps because they are awesome.
    I've read good things about Flash Powder so you may want to consider using that, but I'm not sure you need it if you plan on kiting like crazy. Also, if you have Immortal Throne, you may want to use Monster Lure. Its provoke ability will help keep mobs off of you.

Most enemies should die quickly to you and your trap's massive pierce damage. Any enemies with high pierce resist (undead, constructs) use Study Prey.

Note that you have low energy so either put a few points in it or get ready to be a blue pot addict.

Have fun kiting