Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hmm, end of act II a little TOO familiar... (plot spoiler)

Hmm, end of act II a little TOO familiar... (plot spoiler)

I have nothing against Diablo II, and certainly TQ has more right to the standard Egyptian lore than D2 does. But a valley full of similar tombs, and you have to figure out which one the bad guy is in?

I found him in Ramses, will he be in the same place every time?

yup

Lead Designer - Iron Lore medierra's Avatar
    It is an unfortunate coincidence since that ending was decided based on the real Egyptian location: "the valley of the kings", which is littered with tombs. I personally did not want to do it because it really is too similar to D2 and I was afraid of what people might think. However, putting mythological locations in the game was one of our main goals so, for better or worse, we went with it anyway.

It's nice like Blizzard didn't take influences from things. *cough* Warhammer...

Digit.
    ====
    Forum fly...

Oh yeah almost nothing in games these days is really original. There isn't a lot of new ground left to clear. TQ of course isn't TRYING for originality; it takes its cultural references as a major selling point. And plenty of games have used the Egypt/bug theme before, as I can attest having just spent about three months in the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj in WoW

TQ's own unique take on a lot of familiar concepts is refreshing though. I like the fire scarabs and the bipedal crocodiles.

The game is very refreshing, but obviously it's going to clash with Blizzard a bit.

It's funny though, when I was nearing the end of Act 2, I said to my brother: "I bet you Act 3 will be in a jungle, like the hanging gardens or something".

:O :O :O

Act 3 isn't a jungle is it? And if it is, it's surely not populated by little shrew people. *fear*

-Gene

Well, parts of it are, and no.

Digit
    ====
    Forum fly...

*You have entered Flayer jungle* wouldve been a nice dev joke