Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flame Surge that bad?

Flame Surge that bad?

Everybody seems to agree that this skills just doesn't pay off.

But to me it seems it can do about 2/3 the damage VO does. On top of that, it gets 0 recharge and passes through enemies. I think it may be good to finish off some fast enemies that get by CD. Or quickly dispose of mobs of weaker foes.

Is it worth a shot? Or should I just get Eruption and be done with it?

Re: Flame Surge that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by bug View Post
    Everybody seems to agree that this skills just doesn't pay off.

But to me it seems it can do about 2/3 the damage VO does. On top of that, it gets 0 recharge and passes through enemies. I think it may be good to finish off some fast enemies that get by CD. Or quickly dispose of mobs of weaker foes.

Is it worth a shot? Or should I just get Eruption and be done with it?
    I have a ternion conjurer, I guess I can try this for you and get back with my findings, although I think Ternion will probably be better.

However, Ternion isn't around on every build so Surge might be okay, most of the problem people have is the low range which is pretty disappointing. We'll know when I run Wusau with it.

Amount of time specced full Flame Surge: less than a minute.

Why? Everything took two hits, the range on it was around 3-4 yards so stuff was too close too soon, I took a throttling, payed way too much mana for it over time, and died to a hero monster near epic Rhakotis as a level 51 conjurer.

Didn't have long enough range for me. I ended up just using Earth Enchantment on a bow.

Ok, so it's reach that kills it. Thanks a lot man.
    I only touched Earth back in the demo and than on my Avenger, so I was remebering it was a decent spell. Probably because I tried it in the demo...

What else is the pupose of range spell? Kill'em quick and at a distance.

Its useless because of the short range

It may be useful for a melee dude as an opening attack, but it takes an awful amount of skillpoints. And I don't feel like using Earth for a melee char anyawy.
    Go figure, just when I was saying in another thread that there's no useless skill in TQ, as opposed to D2...

OTOH, I'd have no problem with Surge if its range was 2x or 3x what it is now, it's just the fact that you can barely shoot it past your own genitals before it just stops midair, not very helpful at all.

As said, the range is horrible. The damage is awesome imo but not worth it :P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast