Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Trance for a melee?

Best Trance for a melee?

A dreamkiller to be precise.

What's the concensus on the best trance for a melee character?

ty in advance

Re: Best Trance for a melee?

I think most folks will go with ToW.

For dreamkiller, ToW hands down as it raises your poison/bleed damage.

All of them are nice in general and the best one depends on the build. ToE is nice if you only have 1 point to spend or have pets. ToC is good for templars to get really high life regen or for envokers and harbingers for 30% DR (my harbinger has an item which give heat shield, giving him DR 45% plus another 28% from items and relics for a total of DR 73%).

ToC gives damage absorbtion, not resistance and it's 20% with +4 to skills, not 30.

30% for evokers and harbingers when combined with heat shield and ignore pain, respectfully. Sorry, I thought that was implied by mentioning the name of the classes.

Is there a difference between damage absorption when expressed as a percentage and damage resistance when expressed as a percentage? ToC states #%, leading me to believe it is added to your damage resistance value. Does anyone know for sure?

Damage absorption and Damage resistance are VERY different.

Damage resistance only applies to physical damage (like what an axe does to you). It does NOTHING for piercing, elemental, vitality, etc damage.

Damage absoprtion takes x% off of ANY type of damage, making it much much much better than damage resistance.

I feel that ToC is underrated. Dont get me wrong, ToW is very good, but I love the 15% damage absorption for most melee. I've always been able to deal enough damage in late legendary, but taking the damage is always a huge issue if you are melee. The 15% really cuts down on kiting.

I'm a Toc fan--all the way. With the right combonation of equipment, I've achieved a 700+ health regen per second (including a maxed ToC). makes those sacrificial ammulets not so scary. and getting and extra 56% experience is like having a permanent exp shrine on you. (which, BTW, are distressingly scarce in thi expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by isthisfunforyou View Post
    ToC is good for templars to get really high life regen or for envokers and harbingers for 30% DR
    I'm playing a melee evoker and I found ToC to be a waste of time (but that's just my experience, each to his own). With ToW fully pumped and the right combo of items I can take down huge mobs far quicker than when using ToC. As the saying goes, the best defense is a good offense, but then it also depends on your playing style.
    As for life regen it's not that important if you have one or two items with the "%X attack damage converted to health" mod. I very rarely used potions at all because it only takes one or two swings of my axe to leech back any life that I lose from getting hit. The only catch is you have to keeping hitting things to leech the life back, and not all monsters are leechable.

Of course you're killing stuff faster with ToW (if you're not kiting around). But 'x% attack damage converted to health' severely litits your weapon choices.

Why would it limit your weapon choices? That mod can be found on many items, not just weapons. In fact, I'm currently using an artifact that has the "%X attack damage converted to health" mod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast