Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Immortal Throne Readme

The Immortal Throne Readme

I've included the Readme for Immortal Throne, with a few questions:

5. Mod Tools
    There are numerous small changes and enhancements to Mods and their toolset. Here are some highlights:

a. The original campaign can now be played with modified database/resource archives
    How does this impact the main campaign? Would it be possible to use this feature to disable the day/night cycle, and if we could somehow pinpoint what's causing the weird lag issue* would it be possible to edit or disable it to improve performance?

*(causing the game to stutter badly and then speed up to faster than normal speed to "catch up" to where it would have been, as though you were playing an Open Battle.net game even though you're playing single player mode)

Re: The Immortal Throne Readme

Would it be possible to use this feature to disable the day/night cycle, and if we could somehow pinpoint what's causing the weird lag issue* would it be possible to edit or disable it to improve performance?
    Lets just hope so, TQ:IT rapes my computer violently, poor thing

Quote Originally Posted by readme View Post
    a. The original campaign can now be played with modified database/resource archives
    I don't really understand the above statement. You could play the original campaign with modified database files before IT. You simply modify your database file with the art manager, then paste it over your original. Do they mean you can now play "Custom Maps" with the main campaign? If so, how?

Every custom map I make starts a new campaign, rather then picking up where I left off in the main campaign with my imported character.

MaDMaN somehow made his x2 and x3 custom maps load your character into the main campaign, but he disappeared, so I have not been able to figure out how he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orrus View Post
    I don't really understand the above statement. You could play the original campaign with modified database files before IT. You simply modify your database file with the art manager, then paste it over your original. Do they mean you can now play "Custom Maps" with the main campaign? If so, how?

Every custom map I make starts a new campaign, rather then picking up where I left off in the main campaign with my imported character.

MaDMaN somehow made his x2 and x3 custom maps load your character into the main campaign, but he disappeared, so I have not been able to figure out how he did it.
    Gameboy knows how to also, might want to ask him. He said apparently something to the effect of making a mod but using a blank map and it automatically sends you back to the Title Screen and you can then select "Play Titan Quest" with the mod active.

Sorry I didn't mean to hijack your post. If custom maps can be made to load into the main campaign, then we could make a custom main campaign map with the day/night cycles turned off.

Edit: This is assuming the values for day/night cycle engths are defined somewhere in a DBR

They mention editing the day/night cycle in section 5b of the Readme above, so it shouldn't be that hard to implement.

And nah, you're not hijacking anything, this thread is to discuss our abstract interpretations of the Readme kinda like what the Catholic Church did to the ancient Christian Scripts.

Did I just say that? :X

loading custom dbrs goes like this:

you create a mod with a world but now levels. When the game doesnt find a level it somehow throws you into the main-menu to start the main-campaign. Thats all...

A world but no levels? So make and build a .wrl, link it to the mod in the art manager, and thats it?

I'll try it when I get home

Hey PinkFrog, if you know how to do this, do you think you could take a look at MadMan's X2 and X3 mods and implement it for IT? It's MadMan's idea, but a lot of people really like that mod. I tried to get it to work in IT today, hoping that if I rebuilt it using the IT editor it would work, but it still says the map was made with older TQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Orrus View Post
    A world but no levels? So make and build a .wrl, link it to the mod in the art manager, and thats it?

I'll try it when I get home
    Yes, give it a shot, it's awesome. I've been playing like that for the past several months. It's great seeing some custom gear you've made drop from a chest in the main game, or to see some monster wearing it!

As far as the day/night cycle goes, I must say that my interest has absolutely been peeked. Think I'm gonna tinker with that one as well....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast