Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Possible fix for slowing/lag

Possible fix for slowing/lag

NOTE - This so far works on my system....your milage may vary

Check the options.txt file located in your My Documents/Titan Quest - Immortal Throne/Settings folder.

Near the bottom of the file you'll see a line that says...

forceSingleProcessorMode

*IF* you have a dual core (which I do), make sure that line says "false" (no quotes).

Save changes and give it a try.

I did get one instance of sudden movement / lag, but overall game play was alot better.

AGAIN - this worked on my system, it may not work on your or it may damage it....TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

t

Re: Possible fix for slowing/lag

Quote Originally Posted by Taliseian View Post
    NOTE - This so far works on my system....your milage may vary

Check the options.txt file located in your My Documents/Titan Quest - Immortal Throne/Settings folder.

Near the bottom of the file you'll see a line that says...

forceSingleProcessorMode

*IF* you have a dual core (which I do), make sure that line says "false" (no quotes).

Save changes and give it a try.

I did get one instance of sudden movement / lag, but overall game play was alot better.

AGAIN - this worked on my system, it may not work on your or it may damage it....TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

t
    OMFG, they had it set to "true" ><;;

Hopefully this will fix my issues.

Also did you notice the mapZoom = 100 line? Wonder how far out we can zoom it? Should make archers easier to use Just set it to 255, gonna see what it does

I found that option a few days ago while looking thru the options file and it hasn't helped my slow down or rubberbanding effect, but it did give me about another 15-20 fps overall, so that's a plus

I'm not speaking for Ironlore, but as a programmer. They might have turned that option off because it wasn't ready for prime time. So if you notice a decrease in stability, try changing it back and see if that was the trigger.