Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839

Thread: Knowledge

Re: Knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by medierra View Post
    Argh.... this is a battle I lost when it came to designing the character screen UI. I wanted to present more descriptive information about the breakdown of player damage and its source. I also wanted to show the % chance to hit/critical and be hit/criticalled by the last enemy you fought.

However, others felt it was too confusing for players and would make the game inaccessible.
    Its kind of sad, because Wow has tons of information in the default char screen that tells you all about what stats are giving you what, and I dont see people running away from it due to 'too much information' . 13 million people? Sigh.

Seems like IronLore in general had a few too many people with poor decision making when it comes to these kinds of games. Luckily for us, people like medierra were enough to produce a great game, but in the end, the company itself fell due to what I can only assume was more poor choices.

All that is needed in the future, is a tab called "advanced".

Question about armor and shield. Which works first?
    For example, I got hit for 200 damage.
    My shield can block 120 damage, and armor 100.

If shield works first, than it cant block incoming damage and i suffer for 100 damage.

Otherwise, if armor counts first, than initial damage will be reduced to 100, and can be blocked by shield. Therefore i'll get no damage at all.

Thanks for your reply

I'm fairly sure the shield comes late. After resistances, and even after armor.
    Though illogical, that does make it more effective than it looks.

I'm also fairly sure someone posted the exact order in one of these threads.

Does shield attack considered as melee attack? In other words, can i dodge it with "dodge attack" ability?

Quote Originally Posted by Violos View Post
    I'm fairly sure the shield comes late. After resistances, and even after armor.
    Though illogical, that does make it more effective than it looks.
    I'm also fairly sure someone posted the exact order in one of these threads.
    It appears, that shield block is 1st line of defense. It works immediately after all damage calculated, even before damage resists apply.
    I can post snippet from TQ Log, if there is such a need

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839