Modifications
Titan Quest - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Post a Screenshot

How to Post a Screenshot

I have seen numerous people asking how to do this, and it has been answered in a few threads, but I thought I would explain how I do it in one concise post. There are, I know, other programs and other websites that people can use.

This is how I do it:-

Stuff you'll need:-

M8Clips This will enable you to take up to 30 pictures and store them until you need them.

Photobucket Create an account here in order to upload your pictures.

Any image editing software. Microsoft Paint will do it fine. I use Paint Shop Pro 7.04
    1. Run Titan Quest
    2. Press your usual Print Screen key (this you do up to 30 times in any one session with M8Clips)
    3. When you leave Titan Quest, open your image editing software
    4. Open M8Clips
    5. Browse through the pictures you have taken and click on one. This will open the picture in your image editing software.
    6. Crop or edit as need be then save the file (I have a TQ Pics folder on my Desktop)
    7. Go to photobucket.com, sign in to go to your album and click Browse. Find the picture you wish to upload, select it and click Upload File
    8. After a short time the file will be uploaded and you will be taken to your folder which will have an image like this:-
    9. Click in the box marked "Img" then Right Click in the highlighted area and choose Copy
    10. Come to Titanquest.net and in the Reply field, Right Click and choose Paste

It may be a good idea to use the Preview Post function before posting, just to make sure that the picture looks how you intended. As I said earlier, I know there are different ways of doing this, but you didn't really expect me to go through them all, did you?
    So, no excuses now, I expect to see a whole load of new pictures in these forums.
    If you have any questions, please ask.

Regards,
    Batman

Further information regarding Immortal Throne:-

Quote Originally Posted by I_Raps View Post
    Resurrecting this thread just to mention for anyone who's missed it, that IF YOU HAVE IMMORTAL THRONE, you no longer need Fraps or M8clips etc. The PrtScr key will now automatically save a screenshot in your ...\My Documents\My Games\Titan Quest - Immortal Throne\Screenshots folder.
    Options are always good, and here's one from Dream:-

1. Firstly use the forum's local "Image" function to add an image.
    2. On the opened window pick ( on computer, for instance if you have it saved ) and go to the picture Dir ( preferably simply on desktop ).
    3. Upload the picture and press okay. Your post should now have an attachement XXXX-link.
    4. Open the link in a new window/tab and copy the adress bar.
    5. Go back to your post and click "Edit" and the line where it has something like "[ ACTION = attachment ]" - delete it and instead type "(IMG)". Then paste the link then finish with "(/IMG)"
    [B]Note![*/B] - Replace the "(" and ")" with "[" and "]"
    6. Save your post and it should "show" your image in your post as a picture.

P.S IF this is a bad method to upload images on the forum and if it should be avoided for some reason, please explain it. 'Cause it seems a very convinient method and doesn't require not having an account on photobucket nor even logging in there. The draw-back of this is however that you gotta do 1 image at a time.
    Haven't tried it myself, but if it works for you please leave a message to say so.
    Last edited by Batman; 07-29-2011 at 02:37 AM.
    Acer Aspire M7200 - AMD Quad Core 2.55, 8gb RAM, XFX HD7770 Black DD, 640gb HDD, Win7 64bit.

Re: How to Post a Screenshot

For those of you who dont like downloading programs you dont "need" M8clips...
    but if you dont get it you will have to paste the image right away and can only do one at a time.

I have a problem with both M8clips and FRAPS. When I hit "PRT SCR" it doesn't always work. This morning, for example, it took about 9-10 tries to get three screenshots to come up in M8clips.

Is there a way to clear the clipboard and force a new screenshot?

Why not just use XFire? It's fairly simple and you can just keep banging away on the hotkey. I use MS Paint btw for pasting most of my Screenshots.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Raps View Post
    I have a problem with both M8clips and FRAPS. When I hit "PRT SCR" it doesn't always work. This morning, for example, it took about 9-10 tries to get three screenshots to come up in M8clips.

Is there a way to clear the clipboard and force a new screenshot?
    I noticed that about M8clips too - but I've figured out that it takes about 2 seconds for a PRT SCR to register on the program. And while one screenshot is being registered to the program, you cannot take another (well, it probably won't register).

So, I guess you have to give about 3 seconds of breathing space between screenshots on M8clips.

M8clips also captures any copy command, including copying text, etc.

Doesn't Print Screen work without any programs? I took a really funny picture of a hyena beast playing peek-a-boo and can't find it anywhere

PrtScr does work by itself - the programs listed allow you to make several captures, though, without alt-tabbing out of TQ to save the screenshot in between.

Diablo2 had a button that saved a picture in one of the diablo folders. I liked that feature much better than jerry rigging it with print screen. Since I run two monitors when I hit print screen I have a huge field. The 20"W and 15" add up you know.

@Envenom Print Screen copies an image. It would be like highlighting a word and hitting shift+C it doesnt go anyway until you paste it. D2 had a screen capture that saved the picture file. This just copies an image.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Stuff you'll need:-

Photobucket Create an account here in order to upload your pictures.
    Instead of photobucket you can use ImageShack® - Hosting. It is not mandatory to create an account.

Quote Originally Posted by The Envenomed Kiss View Post
    Doesn't Print Screen work without any programs? I took a really funny picture of a hyena beast playing peek-a-boo and can't find it anywhere
    ah, i dunno where it goes too but if you have an image-viewing or image-editing program, just open it up and paste it immediately after taking the shot or else your next "print screen" command will cause your latest pic to "over-ride" your previous one. just remember to pause the game before you ALT-TAB.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast