PDA

View Full Version : Core Dweller or Lich ?

melie
09-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Well, I've gotg a question..

I know have both a lvl 30 Oracle and a lvl 30 Conjurer and I don't know with which I would like to continue.

I like the Conjurer most at this point in the game because he has the Core Dweller. But is the DC good enough in Legendary?

I've also heart people say that the Lich is even better a thank than the DC.. But I think it sucks that he just stands next to you and doesn't take agro away.. Do I just play him wrong maybe?

Any advice is welcome..

Greetz

Chiatroll
09-20-2006, 02:08 PM
They are both pretty durable but the core dweller takes the aggro away much better.. the lich on the other hand has some nice powers that will weaken enemies on a % and stuff like that so it depends on what you expect the bugger to do for you.

melie
09-20-2006, 02:36 PM
I just want to know if the Core Dweller is strong enough to survive in legendary. It's kinda stupid to spend so much points in it just to have it get killed every 10 seconds..

Chiatroll
09-20-2006, 03:16 PM
I just want to know if the Core Dweller is strong enough to survive in legendary. It's kinda stupid to spend so much points in it just to have it get killed every 10 seconds..

He survives even easier in legendary thanks to the buff they get every diff.

Heck he's better then you will be in legendary.

BoRuck
09-24-2006, 10:34 AM
Depends on which class you play, if youre an offensive type go for dweller to tank and draw aggro but if you lack offensive skills use Lich for support.

Rough
09-24-2006, 01:18 PM
a Lich with full mana is almost immortal with his life drain skills and his damage absorption.

Uland
09-28-2006, 12:57 PM
I have a level 43 Conjurer and he has both. My CD is one point from maxed (except for wildfire...just one point there) and my LK is shaping up to be a useful ally and alternative taget. CD is the stronger and it can aggro a large group of monsters leaving you and your LK free to spam the crowd.
Dispite what you may have heard, don't discount the power of the new Ternion attack. Last night I started playing my Conjurer for the first time since 1.20 and I was surprised how good a skill it still is. Yes, it's 25% weaker now but I recently found armor that grants +22% elemental damage so Ternion is almost as strong for me in that way. The new set shot pattern is no problem either. When my core dweller is totally involved with a crowd I spam repeatedly and instead of hitting one target three times per shot (often a waste of killing power) I now hit three targets once per shot. When the crowd is thinned down to one or two I just run up and stick my staff up the monster's back side and let drive. Makes my staff kinda smelly but all three bolts hit. Bye bye monster.

KAuss
09-28-2006, 10:03 PM
The Liche can hold agro if you send it out first, once it novas a bunch of baddies it'll stick to him like glue until you whip out your attacks... If you got a nice AOE spell, it's a good idea to use your pets to walk ahead of you (there really should be a "move ahead" button) and let them draw the crowds...

CD just does it automatically is all... CD don't have life steal so consider recasting him sometime while Liche is almost self reliant...

Shiver
10-01-2006, 07:51 PM
It's best to get the Core Dweller first, and take the Lich King whenever you feel you have the points to spare for it. The Lich King simply can't keep enemies off you very well, which is what you want a pet for above all else if you're playing a mage.

CGameProgrammer
10-03-2006, 05:36 PM
There is a "move-ahead button". Left-click your pet's portrait, then left-click the area on the map to want him to go to, or the enemy to attack.

KAuss
10-03-2006, 10:23 PM
That's not a button, that's a hell of a lot of clicking to do what a button should have done without disturbing your cursor...

Imagine if you can assing "walk forward" to your space bar button, can you imagine how fast you can get through a map without having to click click click?

THAT's what every soothsayer needs!!!