PDA

View Full Version : 'Respeccing'

Maximus
06-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Heya guys, new here :).

I'll cut right to the chase. I chose a second Mastery I don't like. How can I change it? I'm willing to use a Hex editor. I don't like cheating but I don't wanna waste the last 2 hours getting to level 8 :/.

Plz help!

Jenesis
06-23-2006, 07:08 PM
If you haven't actually, reached level 8 yet, and are asking this out of curiosity, then the first most obvious solution, is to back up your save game before doing anything major (like choosing a second mastery).

If you have actually already reached level 8, and are wondering how to change it, then the counter question would be: where did you get your copy from?!?!?

Otherwise, from what I have heard, they have started to add checks to the save file of the full game, so hex editting is no longer easily performed. Some brilliant member may eventually come up with a program to simplify hex editing for the masses, but we have barely gotten our mitts on the game at the moment.

Maximus
06-23-2006, 07:17 PM
A friend of mine works at a small game store, so I get a early release now and then :).

Guess I'll have to start over... If that's the fastest way.

Gorkk
06-23-2006, 08:50 PM
A friend of mine works at a small game store, so I get a early release now and then :).

Guess I'll have to start over... If that's the fastest way.
Well, full boxes haven't left the factory yet, they'll do so on June 26th. What have gone out of the factories are single discs sent to editor HQ throughout the world (stores don't have them yet, at least they are not supposed to, as box should not have shipped yet)...

Other than that, as long as you didn't put any point in the mastery, you can undo the selection. As soon as you put one point in the mastery level, you will never be able to remove it. Later on, when reaching Delphi, you'll be able to get to special merchants to buy back some of your skill points to relocate them, but this only applies to skill points invested into skills, not mastery.

But you could know that as it's in the manual...

Napoleon
06-24-2006, 06:37 PM
Uhm, It smells like someone just downloaded the game illegaly.
Very strange post.

Monk
06-24-2006, 09:41 PM
There's already been a discussion about the game being pirated. Please don't bring it up in another thread. There's nothing that can be done about it by potentially accusing anyone of anything.

DaveyJJ
06-25-2006, 11:58 AM
This one's gone as far as it can. Locky locky.