PDA

View Full Version : Thane elemental resist issues

tyoelin
08-27-2006, 09:43 PM
I'm having a hard time keeping my elemental resists high enough to survive bosses in epic mode. All of them are below 0, lowest is electricity at about -40%, highest is poison at about -5%. Is this normal for epic mode? I'm a level 39 thane. No matter what I do I can't get past Chimera, I die in one electric blast, or fire breath. I try stocking up in elemental resist gear to throw on temporarily in battle with bosses, but then those take away the huge benefits that i gain by wearing all the magical stuff that I have found so far.

Any suggestions?

I won't cheat to get by

Brightspear
08-28-2006, 05:53 AM
No, you really need to be working on getting those resists up, or you will just be one hit killed by most bosses, and groups of archers or casters will take you down fast too.

The normal way to prepare for epic is to run Typhon on normal repeatedly until you get some decent resist gear. If that does not work or you consider that cheating, I would suggest looking at vendors for items that grant either a general elemental resist or high resists to two or more of the elements, and looking out for resists on relic and charm completion bonuses. You also want to pick up piercing, stun and life leech resists if you have not done so, since those are very important too.

If you have to choose between some resists or some dps, then go for resists - it does not matter if you kill enemies a bit more slowly if you survive while doing it :)

tyoelin
08-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Ok good to know :)

I've been getting some better gear from Typhon and the epic egyptian telkine, but very slowly. My pierce resist is 80% and stun resist is pretty high too, but I'm not sure about life leech. I guess I'll just spend several days gathering items heh.