PDA

View Full Version : Need help - noob with spirit

abyssend
08-22-2006, 04:50 AM
Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum and need some help with spirit. I first started a damage/defence toon but found that its actually boring and not much to use so I've started a new toon and at lvl 2 i chose earth. I've got a core dweller runnig around provoking everything. I finally reached lvl 8 and need to pick another skill. Spirit looks like you recieve a lot of cool stuff to put point in and would like to go the earth/spirit way.
With 2points invested you can get life drain with 49 vitality damage and 150% of attack damage converted to health. What I would like to know is....is the 150% converted from 49 vital damage or the total damage done?
And how does death ward work? Does it heal 330health over 3 seconds?

roguebanshee
08-22-2006, 06:30 AM
And how does death ward work? Does it heal 330health over 3 seconds?
Death Ward heals for 330 health (at skill 1) instantly if you get below 15% of your maximum health. After doing that it will be disabled for 3 seconds before it can trigger again (that's the 3 second duration). It does not protect against 1-hit kills or damage that brings you from 15.1% to 0%.

This means you have a chance to survive if something doesn't kill you outright, but you can't depend on DW to keep you alive without some other kind of healing/defense.

BloodAndRoses
08-22-2006, 11:31 AM
The 150% conversion is done, I would think, on the final damage inflicted. Unfortunately, it's not that easy to boost vitality damage (but it is possible), so I've never heard of anyone actually using that skill past normal (which doesn't mean it's not possible, I'm sure, but it would require very specific equipment investment).

abyssend
08-23-2006, 01:18 AM
Thanx guys