PDA

View Full Version : [Conqueror] Fun!

Devil_H@ck
08-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Well,

After playing about 5 hours this afternoon with my Oracle (Ternion spam build), I wanted to try something else. So, I fired up TQ Defiler, made a few copies of my Oracle and ereased the skill & stat points on the copies (yeah yeah, how lame ;)) I couldn't be bothered to level 5 more chars to lvl 35).

Anyway, after trying a few Rogue & Hunter builds, I tried Defense/Warfare, with very, very heavy focus on damage reduction.

And I have to say, it's really fun. While farming with my Oracle I had found a full set of Armor of Troy, a nice shield with +1 skill to Defense and a great mace (Ravager) that has 30% chance to fumble attacks for 3 sec (& 10% chance for 3 sec confussion as well!). Add a nice ring & necklace and well, I had some pretty nifty gear. I had over 50% shield block and 17% dodge combined with lots of damage reduction, suffice to say, my health bar barely moved.

Man, I had fun :). Sure, the Oracle is cool as well, but after a while 1 shotting stuff gets boring, besides, my Oracle's gear isn't good enough yet to be able to stand up to Typhon, so I have to use a hit and run tactic with him (not that it takes long, even when using such a tactic he's down in under 30 sec, but still). Now, I just grow with Colossus form and laugh at him while I bash him in his face with my pityfull damage, how great :clap:!

What's annoying though is that on my 2nd Typhon run with the Conqueror (only did some Typhon runs to try the class), caster blues drop and for my Oracle it's always warrior stuff :). Although I did find a Hoplite's Helm (together with that caster blue) on my 2nd run, so now I have +2 to Def & +1 to Warface, yay!

So well, this is probably kind of a useless thread, but still, it might help people decide to try a Conqueror.

Flying Fox
08-18-2006, 11:45 AM
Try Warden, It's equally fun.

Devil_H@ck
08-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Yeah, my first char was a warden, but I only played him 'till around lvl 15 I think. I got tired of those damn wolves dying all the time.

Mad_Bombardier
08-18-2006, 06:17 PM
wolves, shmolves. warden is all about diving in with the spear. you ARE the tank, dont need pets to do it for you!

oh wait, wolves are nature. are you sure you weren't a champion?

Flying Fox
08-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Yeah what the hell are you talking about, warden is hunter plus defender not nature plus defender or hunter plus nature or whatever you thought it was. Its about the true Spartan way, spear and shield. Its about jamming your eight footer into someone's groin and yank it all the up to his guts. Its about crushing the rim of your shield into your enemies necks while they are on the ground.

Devil_H@ck
08-19-2006, 02:15 AM
Haha, ow yeah, sorry, I was completely wrong there, I was Warfare/Nature. But still: stupid wolves :).