PDA

View Full Version : magic find?

kwilson0101
06-18-2006, 10:39 AM
Does any1 know if there is going to be magic find items like in diablo???

frankenparrot
06-18-2006, 02:27 PM
nope...or the devs haven't said that there are. But, I thought it was posted away that no mf...sorry. :)

koll
06-18-2006, 06:17 PM
I don't know why they wouldn't have mfing items,mfing is verry popular.

Craig321
06-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Well, we're still in the demo so I think only the developers know EVERYTHING that's going to be in the game.

I personally hope MF will be ingame, was cool in Diablo.

Alkaidia
06-19-2006, 03:21 AM
I'm pretty sure one of the developers said there isn't a magic find modifier for items somewhere in the "Questions to Developers" thread, (thread, not forum). I'm not really willing to look though it though because it's over 20 pages long. I'm quite sure they said that somewhere though.

Thanks
Alkaidia

Digit
06-19-2006, 03:46 AM
Diablo 2 only needed mf, because some of their items had such a ridiculously low chance to drop, that some players would never find them regardless of the hours put in to D2. Personally I never did like that in D2. If they want to make something extremely hard in order to get it, then fine, I am all for a challenge, but failing on things simply due to you not getting the right number, makes it feel like the lottery instead of a game.

For instance, take FFVII, the amazing items and materia you could get from defeating the Weapons were awesome, and the fact that they were ridiculously hard to kill, made it a challenge for some people. :) But the reward was constant and you didn't have to kill them if you didn't want to. For me at least, I prefer that, rather than a teeny tiny % chance to get a great item.

Probably not going to change anything for TQ, but that's just my 2c.

Digit.
====
Forum fly...

Matheau
06-19-2006, 06:40 AM
I've never particularly like Magic Find. I'd rather they just set the drop rates where they should be from the start and leave it at that.

Calienon
06-19-2006, 10:42 AM
I think the reason there is no magic find, is because you always get what the enemies spawn with (and they're tougher when they have better stuff). If we had MF, tons of monsters would have much better stuff, so they would be even tougher, and you'd be wearing weaker "MF" gear. That's how I see it at least :)

Digit
06-19-2006, 11:06 AM
I think the monsters drop what they are carrying in addition to a chance to drop extra loot. Or is just what they are carrying, and some of the carried items 'turn' magical upon drop?

Either way is pretty cool by me anyhoo.

Digit.
====
Forum fly...

Killa John
06-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Well, the only "other" loot that I've seen drop in the demo is potions, relic shards, and gold. I believe everything else that drops is actually being used by the monster.

johna999
06-19-2006, 01:36 PM
I could see it coming into effect with chests. But I agree with the sentiments already on the thread. Its not needed. We receive what the monster has, and if the monster is tough because he has fantastic weapons/gear then it is deserved and shouldn't be down to whether you have MF or not.

Really do like the approach that you get what you fight.

Hellspawn
06-19-2006, 03:30 PM
I also am VERY glad there is no MF. In D2, if you wanted the best chance of getting great items, you had to make a specific character made for it, inventory filled with 7%MF small charms and every piece of gear with MF and socketed with MF. Leaving your more powerful uber builds with max damage equipment played with much less.

In TQ you get to use your favorite and most powerful builds with the best equipment for your MF'ing! Very happy about this personally.

chooch709
06-19-2006, 03:39 PM
I think the monsters drop what they are carrying in addition to a chance to drop extra loot. Or is just what they are carrying, and some of the carried items 'turn' magical upon drop?

Either way is pretty cool by me anyhoo.

Monsters drop exactly what they are wearing. If they spawn with 4 uniques, they'll drop 4 uniques. If they spawn with 4 broken items, they'll drop 4 broken items. Nothing "turns magical" when it is dropped.

The only dropped items that you can't visually "see" while fighting a monster are relics/charms, gold, and jewelry.

Digit
06-19-2006, 08:33 PM
Monsters drop exactly what they are wearing. If they spawn with 4 uniques, they'll drop 4 uniques. If they spawn with 4 broken items, they'll drop 4 broken items. Nothing "turns magical" when it is dropped.

The only dropped items that you can't visually "see" while fighting a monster are relics/charms, gold, and jewelry.

Ok, that is -officially- awesome. *golf clap*

:D

Digit.
====
Forum fly...

Viperace
06-20-2006, 02:13 AM
No Mf ? GOOD !

nuff said

koll
06-20-2006, 05:34 AM
I also am VERY glad there is no MF. In D2, if you wanted the best chance of getting great items, you had to make a specific character made for it, inventory filled with 7%MF small charms and every piece of gear with MF and socketed with MF. Leaving your more powerful uber builds with max damage equipment played with much less..

Right!..thats the idea,some people like building mfing characters to hunt items.And see how high they can get their mfing%.It's like a game within the game.But i understand both sides.I just like to find good items and if they made the chance to find items reasonable then it shouldn't be a big deal.

rowe33
06-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Right!..thats the idea,some people like building mfing characters to hunt items.And see how high they can get their mfing%.It's like a game within the game.But i understand both sides.I just like to find good items and if they made the chance to find items reasonable then it shouldn't be a big deal.

I agree that this was the best way to go. Now we can just concentrate on having fun with each character type rather than trying to find the perfect magic find character. In D2, it felt like you were missing out on the chance to find great items if you ventured out in your regular combat, non-mf gear.

d24e
06-20-2006, 01:33 PM
I love mf sorces, back in 1.09 when people still did cowruns you'd get at least 1 set/unique per cowrun from the normal cows. Not cowking or other SU's. Doing mephruns was so awesome, set/unique items in nearly every run. Doing it over and over because you might just get that soj in the next run.

But there aren't enough items in this game to allow mf, not enough variable stats so after a month or two you'd have every high level item with best stats.

I hope the game proves me wrong, but I doubt it.

Killa John
06-20-2006, 01:40 PM
Aren't there more unique items in TQ (and they all have variable stats with unique artwork) than there were in D2?

Calienon
06-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Supposed to be over a thousand

frankenparrot
06-20-2006, 02:10 PM
That is what I thought...more items than D2. I could be wrong though...:)

Killa John
06-20-2006, 02:42 PM
And I believe there are many items with very low drop rates, especially in Legendary difficulty ... I'm sure IL would add more items in a patch if they deemed it necessary also