PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on Mercs

mcrandy
12-30-2005, 02:07 AM
I really liked the way Diablo allows merc's that you can outfit like your charactor. I wish that you could have mercs that you could give skills and train like your charactor and if you put armor on them a certain color or something that it would change their looks. But I guess programming this type of stuff would be time consuming. The pets you can have don't seem to be as moldable as in Diablo.

Anybody else have an opinion on this?

ruubster
12-30-2005, 07:01 AM
in Diablo 2 I always hated those merc's because they kill stuff that I wanted to kill :-)

so in TQ I will definatly not recruit/summon any pets :P

and yes I also hope that you can outfit your char the way you want it ... :)

12-30-2005, 08:31 AM
titan quest is made to revolve only around your character so no mercs no hirelings only 3 kind of pets and that is all so discussing mercs about this game is a bit pointless

death200089
01-01-2006, 01:32 AM
Dude the game is still awhiles away they might add one and anyways i doubt there will be a complicated system like your chars it will probally be on the lines of the mercs in diablo2 non-expansion because they want to make the game and simple as possible without losing any gameplay value

ToiMoi
01-02-2006, 03:40 PM
what's that about pets?? did i miss smt?

01-03-2006, 05:37 AM
they have said that the entire game was based on revolving only about you as the player so i doubt they will suddenly change that.

And enigma there are 3 kind of pets the player can summon each pet belongs to a different sub-class a melee basher can summon the core dweller for example a creature who likes to break stuff.
A mage can summon some sort of ghost like creature who gives you cover by casting spells both defensive and offensive.
And then there is the third creature who heals you and gives you temporaly stat boosts and each of these creatures have their own behavior and personality.

ruubster
01-03-2006, 06:45 AM
they have said that the entire game was based on revolving only about you as the player so i doubt they will suddenly change that.

And enigma there are 3 kind of pets the player can summon each pet belongs to a different sub-class a melee basher can summon the core dweller for example a creature who likes to break stuff.
A mage can summon some sort of ghost like creature who gives you cover by casting spells both defensive and offensive.
And then there is the third creature who heals you and gives you temporaly stat boosts and each of these creatures have their own behavior and personality.

lol that is a very cool thing :)

IMO they allready have this merc / pet thing better worked out then in d2 :P

ToiMoi
01-03-2006, 06:59 AM
not sure about that.. but given the fact the diff sub classes have diff pets makes it interesting.. looking at d2's druid being the only one who could truly summon pets like TQ is meaning to use theirs makes comparing a bit difficult since all pets were useful to the druid (somewhat depending on your build) but from what you say 501105 it's pretty much the same idea on what they are supposed to do

01-03-2006, 08:14 AM
you can also make a character that is purely based on summoning pets so you can summon 2 different pets and make them as poweful as possible to hide behind their power not my play style but everybody plays differently.
And it even goes further then that you can make your melee basher choose the necessary sub-class (since a sub-class consits of 2 class choices) to summon the magic ghost so the ghost can use magic as a weapon and you your melee skills to make a balanced strategy in combat and even your armour you wear effects the pet you use it is far more complex then you might think.

ToiMoi
01-03-2006, 08:33 AM
this game is going to be so much fun :D :p

01-03-2006, 08:37 AM
they made the game look easy and be easy for the rpg newbies but the system is actually very deep and complex the armour you wear influences your pets,spells and of course the special bonusss you get because if you collect and wear certain armour parts their bonusses will be combined for a huge bonus the devolopers talked in a interview about when combining certain armours you get some sort of immortal bonus but they wouldnt tell wath it does.

ToiMoi
01-03-2006, 08:41 AM
it will be very interesting indeed.. i just hope that the system will not be THAT hard to get into that a casual player like me will never understand it.. :p and by this i don't mean fully understand it, because i'm not that of a whizz.. and that doesn't interest me at all.. i mean a bit more than just the basics, if you understand what i'm saying :p

01-03-2006, 08:43 AM
no they said that the systeem can be played by any casual gamer but the more veteran rpg players will find more then enough choiches and complex combinations to toy with.

ToiMoi
01-03-2006, 08:45 AM
OK.. well that will be interesting then.. thank god it's coming out during the holidays cuz it would be hard to play it a lot when college would be starting at the same time :p

ruubster
01-03-2006, 09:34 AM
you can also make a character that is purely based on summoning pets so you can summon 2 different pets and make them as poweful as possible to hide behind their power not my play style but everybody plays differently.

lol that is pussy style :P wich is your style..... just kiddin ;)

this game is going to be so much fun

yes indeed :D cant wait to play it:)

OK.. well that will be interesting then.. thank god it's coming out during the holidays cuz it would be hard to play it a lot when college would be starting at the same time

hehe I also am glad with the delay, because of my exams :p

ToiMoi
01-03-2006, 11:38 AM
lol that is pussy style wich is your style..... just kiddin

hey he already said he didn't like it ;)

hehe I also am glad with the delay, because of my exams

exams huh ;) good luck with those :D my final tests will be over in june i think.. so i'm going to be OK i guess :p

ruubster
01-03-2006, 05:36 PM
hey he already said he didn't like it ;)

hehe I am just teasing him ;) :)

Majpain
01-06-2006, 11:37 PM
Personally in D2 I never got into mercs just because it was alot of upkeep and they would usually die on harder bosses.Now if we are able to have pets in this Titan Quest I will buy into that :P

ToiMoi
01-07-2006, 08:49 AM
i wonder what those pets will be like.. scorpions, lions, snakes... hippo's... lol sorry i am a bit tired and that makes me kinda cheerful.. :p