PDA

View Full Version : a pure Pyro good enough??

anch
07-30-2006, 11:55 PM
Help with a bit suggestion if you have done it.

I am like lvl 17 just on Egypt, maxed Core Dweller and Ring, monster mob seems fine to tackle down, but bosses gives me and pet a hard time. My stats has base Str, ~200 Int, ~90 Dex.

Will this build be good enough on epic and legendary??

Ion Silverbolt
07-30-2006, 11:59 PM
I think it's possible. Your hit points will be horrible so most of your gear will probably be needed to boost that. You might take a second mastery just for the mastery bar to add health and more int/energy. But then it depends on how pure you intend to play.

Leoros
07-31-2006, 12:01 AM
If you want to flip out and kill everything ninja style, choose the spirit mastery and use the skill called ternion attack. Although, that is currently a bit overpowered :P.

A pure pyromancer build should definitely be possible, but you would either have to use a maxed out flame surge as your main attack (when VO and Fizzure are on cooldown) and thereby be heavily mana dependent, depend on finding a really good staff that can be used as the main attack while VO and Fizzure are on cooldown, or find loads of -% recharge items so that you can use VO and Fizzure as the main attacks. Phew, what a long sentence.

anch
07-31-2006, 12:15 AM
Ya I heard of and seen how cheap Ternion can be. So I am avoiding that. As for my HP I do have a notice in that, I died twice to the blow dart trap. :whistle:

more nub questions, Staves or Melee weapons? All I ever used was a 7-11 dmg iron dagger. What I do is go to the frontline and battle with my pet, shenk then Flame Surge mobs. Its not bad IMO unless you can tell me a better strategy... (please do)

Burpy
07-31-2006, 08:53 AM
I can tell you right now, Pure Pyromancer will not work. You'll have ALOT of trouble killing bosses (or even just farming epic Typhon for gear). I tried it :(

hostage67
08-01-2006, 12:35 AM
Ya I heard of and seen how cheap Ternion can be. So I am avoiding that. As for my HP I do have a notice in that, I died twice to the blow dart trap. :whistle:

more nub questions, Staves or Melee weapons? All I ever used was a 7-11 dmg iron dagger. What I do is go to the frontline and battle with my pet, shenk then Flame Surge mobs. Its not bad IMO unless you can tell me a better strategy... (please do)

Use a good staff or even better get a weapon with +% damge or fire damage mods on it then use the Artimus flame or whatever it is with +15% fire damage, be sure to try and get one with the additional +35% fire damage as the bonus mod(bonus mods are random).

anch
08-02-2006, 01:33 AM
there is a Legendary Fire Staff right...? If yes, i will do more farming once i get used to legendary.

can anyone recommend dream Items or set?? I lost the website that shows all the set items, and i dont know whats good.

anch
08-03-2006, 02:56 AM
I can solo Epic Thypon, in a somewhat difficult manner. Easy if he just stand by my CD, so i can VO and Erup his *** down. Pain in the *** if he keep using the life leech ghey magic.

hostage67
08-06-2006, 10:16 AM
If you want to see my crazy earth guy in action feel free to catch me on xfire(hostage67). I can do typhon runs in legendary now in 3.5 minutes killing everything including the statues.

I went for a Juggernaught(earth/defense) and I must say with the right gear this is crazy powerful. My guy is level 48 now and only 3-4 days old.

anch
08-07-2006, 03:36 AM
My pyro is at Egypt Legendary, got bored cause its suppose to be a pure class. (yes i know its more intresting if i pick Sprit or Storm as 2nd)

Here is my point of view, Legend is just as the same as epic but CD dies faster.

Also... can anyone give me the portal of Olympus Legendary? If you can come to my hamachi server "kantoekiller/1234"

crpgnut
08-07-2006, 11:33 AM
I got bored of pure pyro and grabbed Spirit's Ternion tree for quicker kills. My Pyromancer had no troubles through Epic Greece though. That's when I got bored and decided to kill super fast. I'm in Epic Egypt and have a staff that gives me 700+ DPS/second. With 3 streams and the AOE effect, I just round mobs up into a circle and then click twice for quick kills of mob groups. One on One battles are no contest with Ternion. Went back and fought the cyclops once I had Ternion. When playing a straight Pyromancer it took me about 90 seconds to kill him, with Ternion it takes two. First Telkine took about 11 seconds with Ternion and 3 mana pots. Impatience is what made me give up on the pure class. I'm finding Epic to be mostly meh anyway. It's the same exact game and Blues and Greens are still too rare to make that the allure of replaying. I may never reach Legendary at this point because fighting one or two new creatures out of 14,000 kills isn't gonna keep me going either. Through Sais in Epic Egypt I've found 2 blue items that were useful for my class. Both were from the Pyromancer Epic Gear. Unfortunately, epic is all about resists and I can't ever wear that gear because it has very low resistances.

crpgnut
08-07-2006, 11:40 AM
When I did my pure Normal Pyromancer build, I went with max earth enchantment and max volcanic orb tree. Never needed another skill from Earth till I reached skill level 32 and grabbed the +33% fire damage skill. I then made sure to equip as much +Fire damage gear as I could. Get a good fire based blade for close work and a good staff for ranged and you'll walk through Normal without a sweat. When changing over to Epic, switch some of your fire gear for resist gear instead.

Magoosh
08-07-2006, 12:44 PM
I think pyro is a class that needs to be enhanced by something else. The stat progression of the earth mastery is absolutely terrible, and although there is some nice dmg in the earth mastery, it doesn't have really any survivability, mind you stone form is a nice "oh crap" button, but isnt enough to keep you going all the way through the game.

However, Earth is one of the better masteries at blending with whatever is avaliable. I don't like ternion attack either, so I tried to avoid that on my summoner, but if you want a good increase in spell dmg, storm with a wisp is always nice, and the dmg output is much better then that of a pyro alone. If you want better survivability, like I did, you can go nature which will allow you to double the hitpoints of yourself and the CD along with being able to keep him up alot longer on bosses, or if you need it snagging a couple of other meat shields alot the way. Also, the -elemental resistance improvment on plague will help out your pyro dmg.

Magoosh
08-07-2006, 12:45 PM
BTW as a pyro you should go staff, if possible a nice fire based staff with +f% fire dmg on it, because the increased fire dmg from your earth enchantment applies on your normal fire based staff attacks.

crpgnut
08-07-2006, 03:03 PM
I keep a level one stone form for those, "Oh crap", moments as well. One thing to note about stone form is that you can quaff potions while stoned. Also if you're using the ring of fire tree, it will harm anyone nearby even while in stone form.

I should point out that I could care less about dying. I generally die a time or two/hour played. I just don't pay close enough attention to my anemic health. I'm 39th level and have about 1900 hp. I've probably died 50+ times already :)

Ryn
08-13-2006, 09:30 AM
I was thinking of doing a pure Pyro but you are seriously disadvantaged come later in the game with regards to hitpoints etc

I will probably go Nature with it for the bonus hitpoints for my CD.

Eledu
08-13-2006, 11:02 AM
or you can go warfare and get a nice fire dmg bonus to your melee attacks :P plus the fire right :P that with DW maybe you can come with some serious good damage

like throwing the volcano where you are and casting warwind....everything that comes close to you will probably die fast :P