PDA

View Full Version : Does intelligence affect spells?

Orwellian
07-27-2006, 08:32 PM
Does anyone know if intelligence will boost spell damage? For example lightning bolt.

Lanced
07-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Yes it does.

Short answer, 65 INT = +10% damage.

See the Knowledge (http://www.titanquest.net/spoilers/1159-knowledge.html) thread for details.

MiNtY_FrEsH
08-06-2006, 07:44 PM
I just wished that there was a way to see your spell dmg with all the bonuses from int and items

exhalecf
09-26-2006, 10:34 AM
anyone know the formula to calculate spell dmg?? i remember reading a post abt it. well would be great if someone can post it again (in detail)

deception5
09-26-2006, 12:24 PM
anyone know the formula to calculate spell dmg?? i remember reading a post abt it. well would be great if someone can post it again (in detail)

Intelligence:
Increases Elemental damage dealt. Also increases Elemental damage over time. Elemental damage is Fire, Cold, Lightning, and Frostburn/Burn. Note that there is an entirely separate damage type (and resistance) known as 'Elemental' damage (literally, just flat Elemental damage). This damage type is very rare however, only a few items give it as a damage bonus. A few items do give explicit resistance to it, and in the case of resistance, it DOES add to normal Elemental resistances.

Armor has no effect on Elemental damage, only resistances help against it. To the best of my knowledge, there are no immune monsters to ANY basic damage type (Elemental/Physical/Pierce) anywhere in the game, though there ARE creatures with very high resists to specific damage types.

Intelligence also increases base Energy regen, and allows you to wear 'Mage' class armor, necessary if you're going to get a high Energy regen rate later in the game, as all Mage armor comes with built in +% Energy regen mods - note that this is only really necessary for characters that depend on Energy to deal damage. Most hybrid characters can get by with Energy potion usage.

Because increasing your Elemental damage output requires a fairly heavy investment in Intelligence, you need to consider if it is worth investing in for as a Hybrid character. You may get a better return on investment from Strength (flat physical) or Dex (flat Piercing PLUS OA/DA bonuses). However, it is worth noting that point for point, Piercing OR Elemental are likely to deal more damage to most creatures than Physical is (in most cases).

(elementalDamageDV * ((intelligenceDV / 650) + 1)) + (intelligenceDV*0.025)

Each 65 points of Intelligence adds 10% Elemental damage, and roughly 1.625 flat Elemental damage (I'm not certain how far out TQ keeps the decimal)

elementalDamageDV * ((intelligenceDV / 500) + 1)

Each 50 points of Intelligence adds 10% to Elemental duration damage, spread evenly over the duration (yes, you get a bigger bonus to Burn/Frostburn!)

exhalecf
09-26-2006, 02:56 PM
thanks for the infor but would like u to clarify one something
DV mean what?
your formula (elemental damage DV ~that particular spell's basic damage?~ * {Int DV / 650 ~total int?~ + 1} + ( Int Dv ~total int? again? * 0.025) what abt items that add % to elemental damage

thanks for the infor on 65 int add 10% elemental damage as well as the 10% DOT (damage over time)

well right now i am having trouble deciding which ring/armor/neck to wear, for example i had a ring saying '+15% lighting damage, 6 lighting damage, 1-7 lighting damage' VS a '10% increase INT, 6% increase in mana'. which one better? (NOTE: i'm focusing on lighting). would like to know is +int better than % elemental damage or what.

sorry but i am confuse as the dps in status box is not connected to spell damage.