PDA

View Full Version : Bugged "A general in repose"?

Deadlift
07-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Hi, not sure if this should go here, but oh well....

I was in the cave for the quest, found the three chests, but nothing related to the generals armor/weapons were in them, but it said I "found" his items in my quest log. But when I talk to the general, it still seems like I haven't done the quest.

I restarted, but the three chests weren't in the cave.

Any ideas? Thanks

Linxy
07-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Those random items from the 3 chests are in fact his "items." This quest is reminiscent to the "News of a Shipwreck" and the "Goods Abandoned" Quests back in Greece. It's just another spinoff of those. Your quest should be completed upon finding the 3 chests.

Kelbin
07-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Anyone else thing you should at least find a green item in each chest for this quest? I mean its a famous general's gear and all, not just random loot. I expected something good when I saw them, instead it was trash yellows that sat on the ground to rot.

Linxy
07-26-2006, 03:12 PM
Again, the quest merely follows the template of the two sidequests found in Greece. The dialog is merely a vehicle to carry the quest forward. Take them all with a grain of salt. All sidequests in the game if you haven't noticed already, follow the same basic templates:

1) Find 'abandoned' goods
2) Kill the monster(s) in question
3) Find a 'quest' item and return it to its owner

They don't get any more complicated than that.

P.S. Besides, if you're lucky enough you can score a rare or two from the chests in those kinds of quests. I gained 3 'blues' myself from the 'News of a Shipwreck' quest in Epic Greece one time.

Deadlift
07-26-2006, 05:26 PM
for some reason i thought it was part of the main quest, thats why i was so concerned, thanks:lol: