PDA

View Full Version : Banning from Servers

r00ster
07-25-2006, 11:28 AM
Hey all just want a community take on this,..

You join "server" in the list, is open, unlocked, etc, upon entering you are near identical lvl, and in same spot, game freezes, "you have been banned"

Now I just want to know why do you ppl play online at all? I don't get it.

Like, I ban someone if they come in at like lvl 40, and im in normal difficulty, and I know they are comming in to farm typhon, which i havent reached yet, so they would ruin that toons game basically.

So why do you guys just ban ppl without any inclination as to why? I mean go play single player for that?

which leads to another thing.... why do you guys enter a server, when your lvl 40, and u see the person there is like 10, and proceed to try and kil typhon on them, knowing totally u are ruining their game.

So whats everyones thoughts on all this?

Tiberian
07-25-2006, 11:38 AM
They probably saw you accepting dupes in trades earlier, and put you on a blacklist.

r00ster
07-25-2006, 12:01 PM
Funny guy u are. I don't remeber duping.. ever.

And I meant, I have been in a server with others etc. and they just ban ppl.

Is there a blacklist thing tho? does it recall ip's? cause this is with different toon names, etc etc, so they really have no idea who these ppl are, unless there is a blacklist of ips or something,

But that would be sweet. you'd be the first one on my ******* list buddy.

Haloing
07-25-2006, 12:13 PM
TROLL ALERT...two posts up ^^

lea
07-25-2006, 12:50 PM
i agree with ya r00,its damn annoying,specially when ya don't even get a chance to say hi grrrrrrr.

but then,some ppl are just born rude :)

Gene
07-25-2006, 01:05 PM
but then,some ppl are just born rude :)
*cough* Tiberian *cough cough*

Seriously though, I've all but stopped playing MP because unless I want to game on a LAN I can't join a game without being banned. It gets old pretty fast.

-Gene

Haloing
07-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Me at lvl 46 I have yet to be banned from any server. Even servers with low level players. They either ignore me or they send an invite. I'm not there to mess with their game. I'm usually just stopping by to do a quick emergency mule.

lea
07-25-2006, 02:11 PM
i play in MP most evenings Gene,look for game name lea,i won't ban ya :)

Ion Silverbolt
07-25-2006, 02:15 PM
All I can figure is there is a lag spike maybe when someone is joining? I'm not sure but I have had this happen frequently. It's rude no matter how you look at it though.

I wouldn't think lag is coming from my end either with a 60ms ping.

ThisIsMyUserName
07-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Yep, some people are just ban happy. I joined a 2/6 game once, 1 level below both players in there. I join, say "hello, toss me an invite/portal?". Reply: "stfu" + banned.

Another time I joined a 5/6 legendary typhon run. Ran the whole way with them, killing everything together. This conq goes into col. form, runs ahead, kills typhon solo while we kill the cyclops packs. Result? We finish killing the cyclops, run to typhon, then the host leader tells me I was stupid for soloing typhon and will be banned. Then poof, banned.

Opinions? People are retarded, ignore them and find better games.

Attila
07-25-2006, 03:26 PM
It happened to me too.As i am new to multiplayer I thought it was because I had done something wrong and i was banned from playing.
I was at level 28 so now I realise they thought I was up to something but I just wanted to learn how to play multiplayer.

rah_pillage
07-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Yep, some people are just ban happy. I joined a 2/6 game once, 1 level below both players in there. I join, say "hello, toss me an invite/portal?". Reply: "stfu" + banned.

Another time I joined a 5/6 legendary typhon run. Ran the whole way with them, killing everything together. This conq goes into col. form, runs ahead, kills typhon solo while we kill the cyclops packs. Result? We finish killing the cyclops, run to typhon, then the host leader tells me I was stupid for soloing typhon and will be banned. Then poof, banned.

It reminds me of a saying my grandfather use to say:
You give a guy a nightstick, he'll think he's a cop

That said, hey, what do we expect out of probably 10-15 yr olds full of cokes and high energy drinks with a ban button (remember that nightstick) in front of'em.

Annoying?? Yes!!

-SS-Ajax
07-25-2006, 05:25 PM
I thought people were ok about that, I only ban if some one does something that isn't part of game name example: Epic Act 3, lvl 65's come in to Typhoon Run,tsk tsk.

Or set up a Legend Typhoon run game and people start trading at Helos,sigh

Or set up trade game and people start muleing like crazy.

Is it just me or can't read very well?

I think I got banned 2 times for running farther ahead then the group because of my run speed 175%,lol.

PurringCat
07-25-2006, 06:53 PM
I joined a MP game one night to unload lots of Green & Blue stuff. When I was finished, I asked if I could join them .... banned

rah_pillage
07-25-2006, 07:00 PM
I think I got banned 2 times for running farther ahead then the group because of my run speed 175%,lol.
ROFL... that's good stuff Ajax :)

Gene
07-25-2006, 07:07 PM
I joined a MP game one night to unload lots of Green & Blue stuff. When I was finished, I asked if I could join them .... banned
Sometimes don't you just wish you could punch people through the internet?

-Gene

PurringCat
07-25-2006, 07:14 PM

That's the problem. For most of us, just joining a MP game and lasting more than 5 minutes is an achievement. I've gone in to give away rare items.. they accept them and instantly ban me. If the Devs would fix MP then we could play with people around the globe that we know from other games. But they're not going to fix MP... It's not even on their list of things to fix. :mad:

Lance
07-25-2006, 07:32 PM
I thought people were ok about that, I only ban if some one does something that isn't part of game name example: Epic Act 3, lvl 65's come in to Typhoon Run,tsk tsk.

Or set up a Legend Typhoon run game and people start trading at Helos,sigh

Or set up trade game and people start muleing like crazy.

Is it just me or can't read very well?

I can attest to this.

Server name "Epic Act 1"

Peeps log in, I send invite and message "tp up". Nothing, shortly there after Typhon roar kicks off. Whatever, out comes the mighty ban hammer.

MaximusMarillious
07-25-2006, 07:35 PM
i got banned from a game once for being to strong for the other conq he never got to hit anything and was getting easy exp from me and the others, but just cause he was the host he banned me (crybaby).

Another time it was the quest to kill typhon, we killed typhon and what happens not just myself but everyone in the game was banned by the host because he didnt want anyone taking the drops lol stupid so and so, found out the other 3 got banned because i made another game.

! other ir ecall was in normal difficulty, these guys where 1 town ahead of me 4 lvls above me, host then says your to low by and bans me like wtf?, i then joined another game where there was 2 guys 6 lvls above me they invite me open aport and allow me to play, its as someone said above most people are very $%^*&# rude pricks and also as rah_pillage stated: You give a guy a nightstick, he'll think he's a cop thats so very very true.

the only other thing thats really annoying me about the multplayer server list is at times when imrefreshing the thing it cuts my modem off, seriously do not know why it does this because every other game i play doesnt have this effect but titan quest does, annoys me having to restart twice just for the modem to bloody reconnect.

Jauron
07-25-2006, 07:53 PM
I got banned once for joining a trade server and declining an invite. I was trying to see what I had on the toon to trade while talking to someone on the server about an item they needed. The invite thing locks up the screen until you choose so I clicked no and next thing I know I'm banned.

Impulsand
08-01-2006, 01:45 AM
Or being banned because you decline a trade offer.

Makes you want to punch an invalid. That and the flaccid mindless at the other end of the ban button.

BeWaterMyFriend
08-01-2006, 08:33 AM
The majority of the time I ban people because they lag.. I think that's pretty fair. Like someone already said, I'll ban if a very high level (ex/ a lvl 40-60 something joins a Normal game) comes. Especially if he lags. :razz:

MeSMASH
08-01-2006, 09:42 AM
Stupid kids basically.

I joined a 1/6 server the other day and immediately got spammed with

"help me with quest pleas!"
"pleas hey u help em with queust!"
*BAN*

I was trying to quit the server just before he banned me. This took place over about 8 seconds after I'd finished loading O.o.

Get your own back, run your own server and ban idiots. Its great fun.