PDA

View Full Version : Comparing un-equipable weapons?

OdinTGE
07-25-2006, 02:24 AM
I'm trying to decide which weapon to hang on to and work towards for attribute requirements. They're pretty different in how they get the job done but I think they're probably pretty close, but since I can't equip them I can't compare the DPS and Average Damage they give. I was wondering if there's some way I can compare without just eye-balling it.

Here's what I'm comparing btw:

Deathweaver's Legtip (Green)
Damage: 25-30
20% Piercing
Speed: Fast

66 Poison Damage over 6 seconds
50% chance of +346% poison damage
1-8 lighting damage

Something something Spiked club of something (Yellow)
Damage: 24-35
Speed: Average

6-12 some type of damage I can't remember

The club comes basically as a base damagme 30-47 damage average speed weapon.

Where as the legtip 26-38 damamge faster, with the poison damage (which if that 50% effects it's own poison is 228 damage over 6 seconds on half the hits)

Plus I'm running an elementalist as a melee character so faster = more hits of my fire and lightning.

I guess after typing all this out the legtip has come out far ahead, my main problem being that I need to add 19 dextarity to use it, which will take a couple levels at least plus take away from Str and HP.

So um, I kind of got away from my original question, but is there and answer to that question, and also, what do you think of adding all that Dex to use the legtip?

hostage67
07-25-2006, 03:15 AM
Use the legtip, it's the best weapon you will probably find for a little while. Also if you plan on using weapons you will probably end up needing about 120 dexterity anyways so it won't hurt you much to put a few points into it now.

OdinTGE
07-25-2006, 04:08 AM
Cool, thanks for the response. One more level and I'll be able to use it.

Just fyi, this is the 3rd legtip I've had drop. I have a level 18 character that got 2, and this character got one...just though it was kinda wierd.

OdinTGE
07-25-2006, 04:48 AM
Heh, before I even managed to get the Dex for the legtip I got the Butcher's Bride as a quest reward :D

dangermeister
07-25-2006, 05:00 AM
Did u get it from "killing that monster that was trapped inside that thingy quest", cuz i got Butcher's Bride as quest reward from him last night?

OdinTGE
07-25-2006, 05:45 AM
Yep that's where I got it.

It was blue so I thought it'd be better than the legtip, but it's not...not even close, kinda strange.

dangermeister
07-25-2006, 05:55 AM
Not really greens are usally better, emagine when u put a essence or what ever in it... that's when it gets really fun!