PDA

View Full Version : Typhon hates me!!

kamix
07-21-2006, 03:13 AM
Just killed epic typhon twice and got 3 ring of gaia and 2 blessing of the gods. (Killed him for yellow+relic 10 times before this).

Just to go with my 2x battlemage greaves lol. :clap:

cstebbin
07-21-2006, 03:16 AM
Yup, loot doesnt seem so random does it?

Xaece
07-21-2006, 03:19 AM
Just killed epic typhon twice and got 3 ring of gaia and 2 blessing of the gods. (Killed him for yellow+relic 10 times before this).

Man do I wish the dev's would explain how the loot tables work.

This, and many of my experiences, keep telling me something is wrong with the loot tables. Course, if look at the tables via the Art Manager, you can't make heads of tails of them.

Typhons loot table picks several loot tables randomly, which pick loot tables, which pick loot tables, which pick another set of loot tables before it finally picks an item. Yes, it really goes through all of that. And then, after figuring which loot tables are the ones that actually pick items, if ya look through them, you see only about 1/3rd of the possible Unique (Epic and Legendary) items are actually referenced, if that its a bit lower than that. Yet, items not referenced at all via the loot tables can drop. Huh wha'!? O.o I know, it makes no sense, that items not referenced in loot tables can be dropped by bosses.. So, how do the loot tables work I asked the dev's? <Crickets chirp>

I hope someone will unlock the mystery of the loot tables, because I certainly can't. Anyways, happy hunting with Typhon, and I'm glad you're actually able to get any non-yellow to drop from him. ('cause I certainly can't)

Metodist
07-21-2006, 03:20 AM

a bit unnessesary to make a thred about YOUR bad loot maybe :P haha but sure.. you've right in what u say, the loot is crappy for the most ;D haha, but just continue for a while, and u will see the real loot drop ^^

kamix
07-21-2006, 03:37 AM
I was interested to hear other peoples stories :P

Anyway I thought i'd try something new so went to kill bone dragon .. MM anyone want some adept diadem? :lol:

http://users.bigpond.net.au/kamix/orz.jpg

Metodist
07-21-2006, 03:42 AM
i have 2 inventorys full so it's ok.. really... xD haha

Kam
07-21-2006, 03:54 AM
heh, Epic Typhon dropped x2 Battlemage Greaves for me. And Legendary Typhon dropped x2 Adepts Greaves. (Higher quality version of the same ****) Something is up with that.

Metodist
07-21-2006, 03:59 AM
he have a secret stash of greaves :O

ydejin
07-21-2006, 04:34 AM
I just killed Typhon for the first time in Legendary and all he left was a mess of yellows and a single relic fragment.

Icewind
07-21-2006, 04:51 AM
I just killed Typhon for the first time in Legendary and all he left was a mess of yellows and a single relic fragment.
Same for me, killed him again and got a shield (bad one) gonna kill him again now >.<

StarlightGamer14
07-21-2006, 04:56 AM
I got really horrible drops when I first started running Typhon as well. However, I believe level has something to do with drops, because as I got higher, the drops started to get better as well. Currently level 55 and the drops have been pretty good :D.

reggie
07-21-2006, 07:25 AM
no kidding but i've killed typhon 2.5 days straight non stop. i killed him hundreds of times on epic.

From what i can tell for me at least his drops are limited to a number of shields, always the same, then the battlemage gear and a couple adept items as the only blues that drop.

Then there's ofcourse the jewelry shown in the picture above like gaya etc rings.

Only very rarely does he drop anything he's not dropped before. I've seen it happen maybe 3/4 times. Like the sorrow club etc.

I started farming him at lvl 47,then once i lvld to 48 he suddenly showed a few different drops and those keep dropping also now. However the probis i lvld on him to 50 even but since 48 his drop loot table hasnt changed the slightest and he stilll drops the same crap over and over and over again.

He very rarely drops weapons, every now and then i thik a bow or staff but no meelee weapons.

He also very rarely drops high def armor pieces.

I also farmed 3rd telkine. She drops different pieces then typhon. She's more focussed on high def armor pieces, chests and boots and some helms. Also she drops staffs more often then typhon does and drops bows more often that typhon does. Plus she dropped a few pierce weapons.

Also she drops a 2 ring set plus another ring and jewel i didnt see from typhon.

Then she drops some of the stuff on a regular basis that typhon also drops, like a few battlemage pieces and jewels mainly.

I find it weird that now after lvling their loot table hasnt changed. I was planning to go back again at lvl 52 and see if their loot changed this time.

For now it seems their loot table is limited and to get the next higher tier items you'd prob either need to lvl up a lvl or 4 or try the first telkine in legendary.

Also it seems very clear to me that certain items wont ever drop from m. There's tons of armor and weapons and jewels they both wont drop whatsoever. The only chance of having them drop i guess is pure luck since the chance they can drop any world item is very minimal.

This makes me believe either other bosses drop them or you need to farm certain mobs. Yeti's for this and that weapon for instance or club using mobs to drop certain clubs etc etc.

Galefury
07-21-2006, 07:57 AM
I did run Typhon a few times on Legendary, and I didn't get the same item twice yet. Maybe something wrong with your game, maybe just bad luck. I got a ton of shields, a bow, two nice helms. Cant complain about no high armor stuff either, I got Nemean Lion greaves for example. So for me the randomization was pretty nice, except I didn't get a lot of legendary weapons. From his loot table it seems like his chance to drop a weapon is only about 12% though, so maybe that has something to do with it. Seems the same for shields, though, and I already got 5 legendary shields from him, and only 2 weapons. Maybe just bad luck.

Ascent
07-21-2006, 08:40 AM
Level has definately something to do with it. At level 46 I wasn't getting anything really. After grinding two levels and going back in, I got The Scale of the Black Dragon, Conqueror's Bracers and the Shield from the Ares' Children set. It was pretty cool.

KingGoop
07-21-2006, 09:54 AM
I'm still farming normal typhon just for the hopes that I might still get some warrior set gear. NOPE>.. yesterday 6 kills and only one blue. so sad.

Galefury
07-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Warrior is high-end stuff, even if it's just an Epic set. I got 2 pieces from Epic Typhon actually. The bracers are awesome. Now I want Conqueror's. :(

Adiailind
07-21-2006, 11:16 AM
this is how bad developers address "replayability"

rah_pillage
07-21-2006, 11:30 AM
this is how bad developers address "replayability"
LMAO, that's good stuff Adiailind!!... LOL

Icehawk
07-21-2006, 12:00 PM
My drops on Normal Typhon have been getting better it seems, yeah I still got three Shifting Beads but at least it's halfway decent. Been getting 1-3 blues at least 2/3 the time now.

I need to crush Epic so I can start getting some REAL loot though - I want my purps!

reggie
07-21-2006, 12:05 PM
ah i just dinged 53 and went to typhon. Seems like his loot table finally changed since lvl 48 lol.

Now he starts to drop alot of chest pieces :) instead of the usual jewelry crystallus mage set and same shields always. Some new pieces now in his table.

So i guess ill go kill him 50 times lol. then kill telkine 50 times coz that would mean she prob can drop some new weapons and such.

Looks like its still the same tier weapons and armor though but at least its different types.

Galefury
07-21-2006, 12:34 PM
Well, the final Telkine seems to have a different loot table than Typhon. They should be able to drop the same items, though, unless monster level is somewhere figured into the equation.

The "level equation" (whatever that may be, maybe it determines how the drops depend on player level) is the same for both, and while the loot tables are different the stuff in them is identical except for some tiny percentage changes in item type distribution (just differences of .5 or 1%). The other big difference is that Typhon seems to have a higher chance of dropping uniques.

It is quite unclear how loot tables actually work, though, so maybe this is all wrong. Basically the files referenced by the 3rd Telkine's container and the Typhon orb are the same, just the weighing what files are actually used is a bit different. If the tables labeled "unique" are actually responsible for dropping all unique items seems debatable.

Conclusion: unless monster level is figured into the equation everything the Telkine drops should be droppable by Typhon and vice versa, just the chances for it to happen seem to differ. Note that I only checked the files for legendary. There may be bigger differences on normal and epic.