PDA

View Full Version : The level designer

death200089
12-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Has anyone read anything on how they are gonna keep people from like making a level with tons of good xp monster that aren't that strong or put godlike items with level 3 monsters? cuz that will be a problem with the level designer

ToiMoi
12-09-2005, 06:04 PM
is it truly that enormous?? i thought it was only to create the environment with enemies in it, not to give low lvl monsters uber items :shock: that would be a major gamekiller...

death200089
12-09-2005, 07:05 PM
I read that you can change how strong the monsters and you can edit the enviroment, im not sure if u can actually place items, but without some sorta seperation between created levels and the ones made the company it can easy be exploted.

ruubster
12-09-2005, 08:28 PM
yea you could do that..

but why? then you are ruining the game for yourself ^^

death200089
12-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Yea i don't think thats an issue for alot of people, but its unfair to those who would play the game fair unless they make something for it to be impossible to abuse or atleast not very easy.

12-10-2005, 04:17 AM
i have read some more game editor previews of the game and yes you can ofcourse make your own areas and determine how they look and you can also place monsters but the armour and weapons of those monsters is totally random and cant be placed so nothing to worry if you make your own regions with monsters you dont have any higher change finding of special stuff then in the singleplayer campaign.

ToiMoi
12-10-2005, 08:39 AM
that sure is a relief.. :-D it would make the game very boring if you could give yourself all the uber items by creating an easy level...

12-10-2005, 11:08 AM
the developer team consists of rpg veterans so they wont allow a glitch like that to be in the game.

ToiMoi
12-10-2005, 12:45 PM
nice job done, good for us, good for them too cuz a good and hard-to-cheat game will create a loyal fanbase :D

death200089
12-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Good to know, i know they wouldn't allow it i was just wondering how they were stopping it

pyowomaniac
12-10-2005, 08:46 PM
nice job done, good for us, good for them too cuz a good and hard-to-cheat game will create a loyal fanbase :D
Why are you so assured? Nobody is perfect. For all we know, they could be the ones creating the glitches.

death200089
12-10-2005, 09:15 PM
isn't that what beta testing is for to find gitches and fix them before the game gets released to avoid serious problems?

12-11-2005, 05:06 AM
Why are you so assured? Nobody is perfect. For all we know, they could be the ones creating the glitches

very unlikely many of the developers team are ex employees of diablo or world of warcraft even some from esemble studios (age of mythology) and even the one person who started age of empres is in the team and none of those games have cheating glithes in it and sure as hell no gltches made by the devlopers.

death200089
12-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Actually diablo does have a cheating glith but almost no one knows about it and its hard to use even if u know it but its still there.

pyowomaniac
12-11-2005, 09:23 PM
I haven't read anything about it, but i'm sure that they'll put something in there. I doubt they would leave anything that would annoy so many of us.

pyowomaniac
12-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Why are you so assured? Nobody is perfect. For all we know, they could be the ones creating the glitches

very unlikely many of the developers team are ex employees of diablo or world of warcraft even some from esemble studios (age of mythology) and even the one person who started age of empres is in the team and none of those games have cheating glithes in it and sure as hell no gltches made by the devlopers.
You're most likely right. But , all it takes is one of them to put a glitch in the game. It happens and it may. Like, it only took one artist to put those sexual items in the disney movies. LOL

ruubster
12-13-2005, 03:07 AM

You're most likely right. But , all it takes is one of them to put a glitch in the game. It happens and it may. Like, it only took one artist to put those sexual items in the disney movies. LOL

hehe your definatly right, but why would they do that?
just for fun? they wouldnt ruin the game with one glitch do they?

eh what is a glitch btw?
^^ hehe english aint my former language ;)

12-13-2005, 04:22 AM
a glitch is a error which people can take advantage of in the game like the npc mission guy that kept giving runes in sacred uw.